Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910

Thread: Funny adventures in electrical engineering

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkie View Post
    No, I wasn't clear. The ecu is a 94 (maybe?) SC400 part. I have modified it in a manner similar to tuned MKIII supra ecus, but with parts I built myself.

So definitely what I've done can be done to an SC400, my car thinks it's a SC400 anyways. The LS400 PCM is basically the same and would accept the same modification.

Now I haven't looked at a '99, and it may be drastically different, but I'm always up for some hacking.

The pic's that disco_cat posted on 1-14-2016 is exactly what my 1999 SC400 ECU looks like same PCB number..
    Im not sure if his pic was from a sc400 or a similar car.. I can take some pics of the ECU and send them to you..
    I like the YouTube link you send on the throttle conversion kit.. thats what I was thinking to make.. could not tell
    if they have one for the 1UZFE tho...

Any updates here guys? Very interesting thread.

8-bit ecus seem to have been cracked locally to me
    16-bit ones might be supported in future
    Having personally tested Tom's ecu for 1uz-fe vvti I can't see too many reasons one might want it, or equivalent solution

I have a mild cams, ITBs on OEM computer and fuel signal interceptor < this is non-vvti 1UZ.

Adjusting timing/fuel tables that others have spoke of would be excellent; speed cut is a plus and does away with jagging another aftermarket component onto the loom somewhere.

Personally I'm hoping someone breaks outs the non-vvti computer and adds a multiplexer to run individual coil packs sequentially.

Quote Originally Posted by UZ_Swap View Post
    I have a mild cams, ITBs on OEM computer and fuel signal interceptor < this is non-vvti 1UZ.

Adjusting timing/fuel tables that others have spoke of would be excellent; speed cut is a plus and does away with jagging another aftermarket component onto the loom somewhere.

Personally I'm hoping someone breaks outs the non-vvti computer and adds a multiplexer to run individual coil packs sequentially.
    cheap standalone like the MS would be cheaper and more efficient

Quote Originally Posted by UZ_Swap View Post
    That's not hard to do at all on my setup, just some code and a few extra pins on the cpld, plus 8 FET drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by disco_cat View Post
    cheap standalone like the MS would be cheaper and more efficient
    Hell yes it would.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkie View Post
    No, I wasn't clear. The ecu is a 94 (maybe?) SC400 part. I have modified it in a manner similar to tuned MKIII supra ecus, but with parts I built myself.

So definitely what I've done can be done to an SC400, my car thinks it's a SC400 anyways. The LS400 PCM is basically the same and would accept the same modification.

Now I haven't looked at a '99, and it may be drastically different, but I'm always up for some hacking.
    Sparkie..

Did you ever get to free up some time from your work, to consider hacking a 2000 lexus SC400 VVT ECU. I have one I can donate to the task..

Mark

Cool!

You guys are cool. I needed to write an essay on this topic. My head was just boiling when I needed to figure it out. So I turned to Uni Tutor which write my essay. I think I would figure it out if I was not very lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by disco_cat View Post
    Sparkie, do you ever plan to work on newer ECUs?
    I have factory tuned 1UZ VVTi ECU (1997-2000), it's still based on Toshiba 9000 series CPU, which is still mask ROM based, I believe (though I may be wrong here)
    The add-on board found in the ECU seems to have the Toshiba processor, two UV EPROM chips (one being removable) and a FPGA
    There's also a jumper which enables the CPU to run off ints internal memory
    I dumped both memories just incase
    The removable one is connected to FPGA and it seems to have maps only
    The fixed one's content looks more like some code
    Disco Cat, where did you get a factory tuned 1UZ ECU at ???
    Also did you or Sparkie ever get any of the program pulled from the CPU's ??
    thanks
    Mark