Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: not-a-yota-san!

not-a-yota-san!

I've done the unthinkable. I bought a Nissan...

It's a 1990 GTR with such mods, wow rice, so grip... scare

Car's first owner was apparently some wealthy Japanese guy who took it to HRF in the 90's right after getting "shaken" inspection, told them to do crazy things to it and drove it for 2 years until it needed another shaken. He then traded it in to HRF for an R34. HRF had it on their lot until the second owner bought it 7 years ago and got it to Canada where the T88 was deemed too much and was swapped for the current Garret 4094R. Then I flew out to Ontario in Aug, bought it and drove it back, but more on that later.

such mods:

rebuilt engine (in Japan) by HRF.
    118,200kms on car, 28200 kms on engine rebuild.
    05U block
    Weiso low compresion pistons
    1.1mm head gasket
    272 cams (in and out) 10.8mm lift
    JUN oil pump
    aftermarket valve springs (not sure what kind)
    R33 crank
    OSG 1-3 gear kit in tranny
    HKS tripple plate clutch
    Greddy intake
    Greddy fuel rail
    chrome valve covers
    split fire coil packs
    Greddy surface fire "10's" plugs
    Greddy high capacity sump
    Greddy hard pipe kit
    catch tank
    braided hoses
    Nismo strut bar w/brake stopper
    Strut bar (rear) nothing special
    RC 1000cc injectors
    ARC oil cap
    Z32 AFM's
    Greddy Y pipe
    Garret 4094R turbo
    PLX devices wideband
    custom braided oil/water lines for turbo
    HKS mushroon filters
    HKS AIC fuel controller w/ 720cc injector mounted
    Greddy hard pipe
    ABS delete
    Grex oil filter relocation kit
    Greddy oil cooler (I think)
    Greddy intercooler (almost 6" thick)
    Trust Gracer front bumper
    R34 fiberglass w/ carbon overlay wing (gayyyyy!!)
    Desmond regamaster 17" wheels
    Aluminum wheel nuts
    pillowball tension rods
    HKS suspension
    Afermarket FUCAS (no rubber)
    Skylab 4wd controller
    HKS/Greddy boost/oil temp/ex temp gauges
    Nismo 320kpk clocks
    Razo shift knob
    NRG quick release steering hub
    auto meter shift light
    FC datalogit
    Power FC with hand controller
    Gandor mirrors
    Green stuff pads

will use this as a build thread to de-riceify and fix a cracked header and stuck idle control valve.

Has Regas. Instantly assumes car is serious business.

Planning to personalize the exterior? ie. removal of r34 wing and front bumper in exchange for OEM stuffs? I guess that's de-personalizing... but dang these things look good in stock aero with much low and so scrape.

Shameless, I know
    Last edited by Chewy; 11-13-2013 at 04:26 PM.
    If there's one thing I've learned from the first two thirds of the MC Hammer Biography, it's that money never runs out.

looks scary fast.

Also yes, all joking aside.. Looks awesome, and silly fasts. I mean I've seen a lot of these in my importing days, and even on builds that are pretty serious, you rarely see OS gear sets. Super rad purchase.
    If there's one thing I've learned from the first two thirds of the MC Hammer Biography, it's that money never runs out.

Holy **** this thing is sweet. Love the regas and the paint...the wing, not so much. But it's nice to see an r32 that isn't rat bagged and painted flat black like every other one out there

That is absolutely ridiculous. I love it. I really wonder what numbers it puts down. I know $s for imports are down but whatever you paid you got some serious car/$.

Wish I was a reggae master...

RETIRED

Thanks all!

been looking for a r32 with good potential for a couple years now and found this one on GTRC, such price, no bids, much pondering. I plan to restore it to original OEM goodness for such hard 90's style. Already have all the parts, OEM GTR nismo bumper, OEM mirrors, OEM trunk lid with all the badges and spoiler. I also want to replace all the horrendously mismatched gages and get a matching old school hks set for everything.

Some people might hate me for this but I want to try driving it in the winter occasionally. Before I do that though I'm going to do a plastidip matte white paint job and get some Wurth products to protect the underside. Chris, Bry?

Future plans, more parts for so fast. Big brake upgrade, brakes are scare small for such power, and MAP standalone so I can get rid of the super restrictive Y pipe and run open turibo

Devon, you'll have to talk to Trevor about the position of reggae master ?\_(ツ)_/?
    Last edited by Special K; 11-14-2013 at 08:41 AM.

Where in Ontario did you get this? It looks a lot like my friend's old car.

st Catherines

Quote Originally Posted by JungleMatic View Post
    Wish I was a reggae master...

Quote Originally Posted by woodenturn View Post
    DK should ban such nonsense. 2 cents~ sr86 www.dorikaze.net/showthread.php?32933-Elizabeth

I like like greddy front bumper. So period correct.

Personally not a fan of the fake AN line covers or the chrome valve covers. But when a car has those serious specs I am willing to let a lot of aesthetic stuff slide. Plus the chrome will be easy for plasti-dipping and re-dipping.
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

Seems legit

the greddy bumper went smashy smashy pulling into a Tim's I wasn't really a fan though.

I want to eventually replace/remove everything rice. Including the chrome valve covers and side gage pod, but right now the idle up valve is either stuck or needs replacing and is more of a priority. Have to toe and heel anywhere close to stopping. Also have a cracked ching chong ebay header that's causing mad boost creep.

The last owner said the engine is good for 800hp at 2.0bar at 9k rpm but I haven't gone near that because A) it's terrifying even at 1.0bar and 2) it needs a tune and the knock light comes on over 5k rpm so I haven't gone over that. Even then it takes 100% of my focus to drive. I'd say it probably has about 400-500hp ish as I'm driving it, which is very safe and not pushing it at all. I'm no expert though.

Dies after you let off at idle? or just won't idle?

MAFs are way too close to the turbo to work right. Could be your issue.

RETIRED

All that money and they put chinese parts on?

Quote Originally Posted by JungleMatic View Post
    Dies after you let off at idle? or just won't idle?

MAFs are way too close to the turbo to work right. Could be your issue.
    When I start it cold I have to hold my foot on the gas until it warms up. If i don't it dies. After it's warm it'll idle but as I turn on an accessory the rpm drops and if I have too many on I'll have to hold my foot on the gas to keep it from stalling at a stop. And when I'm coming up to a stop I have to keep the rpms up or it'll stall if I just let off the gas completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    When I start it cold I have to hold my foot on the gas until it warms up. If i don't it dies. After it's warm it'll idle but as I turn on an accessory the rpm drops and if I have too many on I'll have to hold my foot on the gas to keep it from stalling at a stop. And when I'm coming up to a stop I have to keep the rpms up or it'll stall if I just let off the gas completely.
    if it is boost creeping, not idling you might have a vacuum leak? Test the voltage at your battery if accessories are killing it and test the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by woodenturn View Post
    DK should ban such nonsense. 2 cents~ sr86 www.dorikaze.net/showthread.php?32933-Elizabeth

Quote Originally Posted by Dugwillis View Post
    All that money and they put chinese parts on?
    i know but i think this was done by the last owner in Canada. I plan to get a 6boost manifold someday. Said to give better spool times but is $$$$

I would take off your iacv (the one with the stepper motor) and clean it. That is the one that idles up when you turn on the accessories.
    Also test your other idle valve the one in the middle of your intake manifold with the 2 pin harness connector its probably ****ed. You should be able to blow through it freely when cold and not at all when hot