Thread: Cusco LSD info.

Cusco LSD info.

For future Cusco LSD rebuild info searchers.... because I spent f*ckin hours searching and I couldn't find any info on 8-plate diff setup. I had to contact Cusco directly. This includes 10-plate info too.

This applies to MZ and RS diffs... They both use exactly the same clutch packs and pressure rings... Only the springs are different. AE86 GTS uses Size C clutch plates (for 6.7" diff).

For road cars, Cusco has new Spec-F flat inner clutch plates for a smoother engagement (but same ultimate lock I gather)... PN: LSD 13P L16 -- $23.04 each.

Last edited by b-rock; 11-18-2013 at 04:31 PM.

visean is offline Yo, troubled night in the John
    Great resource Brock, as I am currently running cuscos in my 86s.

Does anyone have any experience running an 8-plate on 50% ??? I really want lock only when I tramp on it...

And:

Last edited by b-rock; 11-18-2013 at 04:51 PM.

What dictates how your diff "acts", is mostly based on the ramp angle and spring/conical preload. when they say 50%, they mean total lock up. So at best, its not fully locked. You might want to get a different ramp rate from cusco, or run less initial breakaway torque. For reference, Street diffs I have setup I could get the carrier together by hand or with a friend for aggressive stuff, but a lot of full race diffs I have done, I needed to put into a press to fasten the carrier up because the initial breakaway torque was so high.

Custom/Race Work, Chassis setup and Fabrication. Follow my Racing Shenanigans!!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Trew-...8143224?ref=hl

So, the bottom graph is talking about Total Lock? That wasn't clear to me.

Anyway, what I want is a good grip track setup, not dori. Mine is a 1.5 and 2-way set to 1.5. 55? acceleration ramp and 20? decel....

And:

Last edited by b-rock; 05-20-2014 at 01:51 PM.

Good info, I'll definitely refer to this when I yank out my Cusco to see what's up with it
    I hate Corollas but I don't think I can do better with anything else

Where did you order those smooth plates Brock?

He may not see this post, since the last time he was logged in was 2 months ago. I would assume he either contacted Cusco directly, or went to an authorized distributor. There's one in Edmonton, but given your location, you're probably better off heading south to Portland instead.