Thread: Bluetop Factory ECU with aftermarket ignition system made awesome-er

Bluetop Factory ECU with aftermarket ignition system made awesome-er

So I'm sure some of you have run into the problem where if the PCM doesn't get its IGF signal it shuts down the injectors to "save the catalyst". This can happen when you try to replace the factory ignition system with something aftermarket that bypasses the factory igniter. Sometimes, to compensate, you guys then run the factory igniter off the stock PCM, just zapping away in the engine bay.

Well fear not ladies and gentlemen, the factory bluetop pcm is dumb, and doesn't really care where it gets its IGF trailing edges from, so I present to you the lightweight, inexpensive and desktop-tested IGF SPOOFER:

The design:

The parts:

The proof:

This works on the bluetop because there's no real code (or space for code for that matter) that tries to see WHEN the IGF trailing edge occurs. As long as it gets 1 trailing edge per ignition event a specific counter pair (not too sure here) cannot accumulate counts and force a compare which disables injection events.

This circuit is something that you can buy parts for at radio shack, throw together on a piece of perfboard and mount adjacent or even inside the PCM and then be rid of your import-model-zapper under the hood. and by that I mean the coil only, as the igniter conditions the NE signal in this setup.

I have not tested this circuit on a silvertop or blacktop pcm yet, but if the code is lazy enough, then it should work similarly. anyone got the retarded COP mod (all parallel) and an urge to try it out?
    Last edited by Sparkie; 12-06-2013 at 09:58 AM.

I know Jordan wanted to do COP, but didn't want to get an aftermarket ECU just yet. We could do my small port if you want, I wouldn't mind that.

I just need a running one to see if it's compatible with the dumb-edge system, otherwise I've gotta implant a micro to spoof IGt properly... and if you want COP then you really need to have some system to distribute the ignition pulses - I simply wont wire a car to fire them all in parallel - that's retarded, even if it works.