Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: The "Time for a new build thread" Build thread. 1982 Corolla wagon Aka Lemonade.

Nice.

Well, haven't updated in quite some time.

Earlier in the year the car started giving me some very odd ignition cut issues. I tried everything possible to fix it, but never did. Everytime I did a hard pull above 2nd gear(3,4,5th) it would cut out and the engine would die. Could not restart the motor for about 20 minutes afterwards. I replaced the AFM, the coolant temp sensor, the coil/igniter, distributor, ECU, plugs and wires, etc etc. The problem ended up just disappearing after a while.

Aside from that, the car has been running very well.

Decided to do a drift event or two this year and so started doing more work to the car in july. Pulled the rear axle out, and warren and I modified a Kouki GTS axle to work with Leaf springs and I put that into the car. Did some work to help get rid of axle hop, which worked... for a while.

Ended up that the kouki pinion was slightly higher than the wagon pinion and it hit my diff tunnel, so i chopped that out and rebuild it to have more clearance.

Doing that caused the diff to be able to move and the car started getting wheel hop again, resulting in a snapped axle. Again.

So time for bigger and better things. 4-link and 7.5" 4.30fd van LE rear end soon.

Will do my best to keep updating.

Photos of random cool things.

Last edited by Colbskee; 09-24-2015 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pitobread View Post
    I saw this guy eat a whole bag of Jalape?o cheezits in one sitting. After that moment I would trust him with my life.
    1982 Toyota Hilux Pickup- Daily
    1982 Toyota Corolla Wagon- Track car

sorry for massive photos... i dont know what im doing.

I saw this guy eat a whole bag of Jalape?o cheezits in one sitting. After that moment I would trust him with my life.

How quick do you go through tires with this car? When drifting?

looking good!

Nothing much going on here lately.

Sold the 4AGE to Solid_state for his Mango and picked up a S15 SR20DE for my car.

Plan is to keep the motor stock for now, aside from a header and some extra oil cooling.

Bought a bunch of OEM Nissan stuff to freshen up the motor as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SR20DE01.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	14802
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SR20DE02.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	14803

Aside from that, Warren and I decided the best way to 4-link the car would be to build a roll cage and build the 4-Link off that. So I ordered 100ft of 1.50" x 0.095" wall DOM. Hopefully get started on that in the next couple months, but who knows.

Building a 7.5" van rear end for it with 4.56 gears and Equal length 4-link. Going to be using competition engineering rear coilovers with QA1 375lb springs.

Rather boring update, as is tradition.

Not boring at all.

All of those choices sound awesome.
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car