Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Herro's Daily Machine

Being that the rear was a lot more work I decided to do a full tune up on the car.

However the last owner already did all of it.

I took off the timing cover and noticed a new belt, tension-er, water pump, oil pump and even the alternator is very new. Definitely a win in my books!

Matt mention to me that the motor was rebuilt at some point in time according to the last owner.

I am not sure if it has but its running very strong and the compression/leak down test passed!

I had a spare A/C unit I was saving for my race car but decided to throw it all into the red car so the wife can stand sitting in it during the hot summers.

Also I was on the search for the JDM style checkered floor mats, I could not find any for the life of me however these came up a few days later at a cost of a fender! I was super excited.

Since I was spending a lot of time on this car and making it a long term daily I decided to install a 2 way compustar alarm/starter.

I bought it used from a friend and the wiring was a **** show. Everything was shorted and cut in many ways/ not worth the repair. I went on ebay and got a brand new harness.

At the same time I finished wiring up a 20V Blacktop for a friend which is installed now and running great!

Another friend manage to hook me up with some great tires! Azenis 615K for summer driving. I know these aren't as good as the new rivals re11A etc but for summer crusing it will be more then delightful.

I finished most of my interior, I love nothing more then a clean non abused interior. Keeping it simple here guys original and factory fresh!

Got time to do some wet sanding and polishing.

Also got a small surpise coming! lol I am kidding I am gonna roll with the 4age bluetop till it blows up on me.

Keeping it red eh Mike? Bold move.
    '80 MX32 sedan |'83 AE71 wagon |'84 AE86 hatch
    '85 AE86 coupe |'86 AE86 hatch |'86 AE86 coupe
    '88 MR2 S/C |'86 S12 hatch |'88 Silvia K's
    '91 Z30 Soarer '92 JZS147 Aristo |'92 S13 coupe
    '93 R33 Skyline |'98 S14 kouki

Quote Originally Posted by JungleMatic View Post
    Is dyno like 200 for the hp if mustang shifts but 300 if corolla shifts?

I got a chance to check up some T3 parts and I 'll be straight up. I know a lot of people like them but honestly I think they are ****.

I seen some good things and some bad things I feel like they have some consistency issues.

I have a set of 4 links they are great lasting over 3 years now no noise but I only have put at most 10k on them only summer driving and track

However one of my other friends rocked them and 1 month in they started making noise of over bumps and stuff.

I thought it was a one off case till I saw their camber plates!

A day job turned into 3, Trying to figure out where the noise came from and such after much discussion and other people involved it turned out that the camber plate was defective.

I am sure the people who help wanna chime in feel free to do so.

On another hand I got some time to work on my own car again. I wanted to clean up the engine bay so I degress and sprayed down the whole bay.

Last edited by xherrox; 05-14-2015 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon G View Post
    Keeping it red eh Mike? Bold move.
    Yeah I just realized there not many people in Vancouver with a stockish red 86. I seen maybe 3 haha this way I won't have to repaint the bay and works well. I guess you can say the red slowly grew on me....

So clean! Did you spray with original paint (3E5?) or something different?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisTangoJuice View Post
    So clean! Did you spray with original paint (3E5?) or something different?
    I didn't respray the whole just yet. Just the arches and then wet sand down passenger side to even it out then polish but my goal is to repaint the whole car which is 3E5 I believe the stock red ae color was 3E6. Its not too different.

Quote Originally Posted by xherrox View Post
    I didn't respray the whole just yet. Just the arches and then wet sand down passenger side to even it out then polish but my goal is to repaint the whole car which is 3E5 I believe the stock red ae color was 3E6. Its not too different.
    Oh woops my mistake. Was the arches touched up with 3E6? I'm trying to find a cheap alternative that's a close match to 3E6 since they don't sell touch up cans of them anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisTangoJuice View Post
    Oh woops my mistake. Was the arches touched up with 3E6? I'm trying to find a cheap alternative that's a close match to 3E6 since they don't sell touch up cans of them anywhere.
    Yeah just use a can of dupicolor 3E5 Its called super red or sumthing. It looks very close after a cut and polish

I manage to get all my paint supplies together and now start working on the rear half of the car. I figured I am going to do this once, so gonna take my time with proper equipment.

Passenger side turned out very well after countless hours of sanding and welding

Last edited by xherrox; 05-14-2015 at 09:04 PM.

The driver side needed a lot more work.

I have to fix door dings as well as that rust where the spring are.

but a few days past and it too eventually turned out fine.

Once that was all done I washed up the underbody and undercoat/Por 15 to prevent anything bad happening during winter/rain season.

Last edited by xherrox; 05-14-2015 at 09:06 PM.

After a good solid pressure washer, Everything started to shine up.

I removed a ton of old undercoating and put in a new one.

I also managed to cut out and weld on a new plate for that rusty spring spot.

I also fixed up a bit of interior rust. Luckly no strut tower rust or rear rust. Only that one side where the spring was.

Everything is now back together and ready for track day! Super excited.

I polished up everything and it looks awesome, My goal is to attend this june 22 track day and after if I have time repaint the whole car.

Till then enjoy the pics, there wont be an update for a while as I am enjoying driving the car!

I didn't know you did bodywork

Wow your car looks great, it has really come a long way
    85 Toyota Corolla AE86 GTS Coupe
    98 Toyota 4Runner Limited

Thanks guys!

Yeah Aaron, I learn a little bit mostly from youtube videos and diy online.

Shalbot, its been 3 months since it last seen the road. I am glad I had a lot of left over parts to change it to jdm.

Drivers side looks a lot better dude

Quote Originally Posted by xherrox View Post
    Thanks guys!

Yeah Aaron, I learn a little bit mostly from youtube videos and diy online.

Shalbot, its been 3 months since it last seen the road. I am glad I had a lot of left over parts to change it to jdm.
    You got a lot of great work done to that car in just 3 months! It makes me want to start on my coupe asap, let me know if your interested in doing rust removal on mine
    85 Toyota Corolla AE86 GTS Coupe
    98 Toyota 4Runner Limited