Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Herro's Daily Machine

The T3 camber plates were defective or the Tein ones? It was just clunking? The bearing came loose or something?

Quote Originally Posted by mattyhacks View Post
    Drivers side looks a lot better dude
    Yeah matt looks a lot better but since it faded a lot. I will need a repaint cut and polish can only do so much. Hoping before September however.

Quote Originally Posted by shalbot View Post
    You got a lot of great work done to that car in just 3 months! It makes me want to start on my coupe asap, let me know if your interested in doing rust removal on mine
    Yeah useally when spring or summer hits. I really want to enjoy driving the car so theres bit more modivation I guess. Also helps that there's a track day coming up real soon. as for body work I am not taking on any autobus jobs. I am alright at it but I am sure there are better people Out there. Thanks for the consideration however.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugwillis View Post
    The T3 camber plates were defective or the Tein ones? It was just clunking? The bearing came loose or something?
    Yeah dug their new t3 black edition camber plates. They use another type of bearing. We found out the bearing was loose, wasn't even pressed in. So it was floating up and down on the c clip retainer making noise during road bumps. On the other side camber plate the sperical bearing was loose so it was wobbling a side to side and up and down. I have tiens and never had an issue their bearing also a lot larger.

WOW, Looks Awesome Herro!

I want to start on my area fixing now lol.
    Did you take every area you worked on down to the metal or did you just clean it up and smooth it out then prime and repaint?
    Mat 83 GTS Hatch 87 GTSR5 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by KingSpence View Post
    If only I put the same amount of effort into my schooling as I do my car. Education is important, but racecar is importanter.
    Stuff I'm Selling
    IG Mattyballz86

Yeah I sanded it down to bare metal and the spots which were just really bad, I had to cut it out and re weld. Then por15 over it. The stuff is wicked awesome hardens like a rock and super super sticky. Took a week to get off my arms.
    I am just really happy out of all the 86 I have worked on most of the rockers and metal was intact. It just slowly surfacing because it's been sitting so long... the orginal owner had it undercoated at some point in the past soo that helped out. The worse parts is where the orginal kouki trim bolted up.

I love kouki interior but hate the kouki body haha. My sr5 is zenki trim super easy to deal with. No holes and no need hammer/bondo the trim out.
    Last edited by xherrox; 05-15-2015 at 01:51 PM.

Its been awhile since I posted anything. Honestly this fall as been so busy I haven't got much time to drive the AE around.

I did get time to take it out and clean it up over the weekend.

Here are some updates.

All new paint, install the GTS side decal and got my all seasons on the rear and front I'll change them soon.

After putting on one side decal, I noticed that I was missing a rear portion of it. I guess the seller from the groupbuy forgot to add it in for me?

So I left off the driver side for now.

I also cleaned up the interior and start working on rebuilding the rear end.

I don't plan much for this winter to work on the red hatch but more on my blue hatch.

More to come!

Last edited by xherrox; 12-20-2015 at 05:18 PM.

Nice work.

didn't you pick this car up so you could drift it?

Well Herro,

I cant believe its been so long since I updated the post. I figured summers around the corne, so I been lerking and it seems pretty dead in here. Hopefully everyones toyota been in the works and kept well.

I been pretty busy with life but I always wanted to see how the community is doing. Now things are settled down, its time for an update!

My blue hatch has been sitting for over 3 years now. The f20c I sold and installed the whole set up in a friends n2 hatchback. My red ae never became a drift car, ended up as a daily and the odd track days. The motor in it is super healthy, so I plan on taking it and swapping it into another ae I aquired.

I have been super super slowly been rebuilding a 20v BT I have when thats done I will do the swap.

The car got a few upgrade since my last post. It took all my race suspension and goodies from the blue car as I have gotten all new stuff for that car.

This new shell I got was from a friend who wanted to make it into a k20 race car but that didn't go thru its was just too much effort when newer cars would just kill it.

Its basically a rolling gts shell. It has everything it needs besides a motor and transmission.

I have a spare smallport that needs new bearings i was planning to install but that motor is pretty tired so the goal is swap in the healthy motor from my red car and install my spare transmission I got from a friend on here.

It should be fairly stright forward as I have an abundance of spare parts.

The car is in okay shape nice and stright with typical rust.
    I will keep it gutted and it will be just a car I wanna try to learn drifting, I wont feel bad about damaging this one lol.

Any ways hope this is a good start to summer and hopefully get to see everyone again.