Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rockauto has ae86 parts

Rockauto has ae86 parts

Just so everyone knows. Rockauto.com has parts for ae86 and other toyotas and their website is very easy to order from. I ordered some diff carrier bearings for my celica supra rear end and they were here in a week. Check em out if you need anything

If anyone doesn't know about rockauto they are probably sucking at car money.
    Best website ever. So cheap.

Combine parts from the same shipping location and you can save lots like that. I usually pick 2-3 of the same part and then at the end of my order make sure they all come from the same location. Even spending a bit more on a part is often cheaper than having it ship by itself.

RETIRED

I've started amassing spare parts thank to rock auto's cheapness when combining items shipped from the same location.

Being able to see/choose the exact brand of the part is always great too.
    - Project Hachi-Horror. The eternal money pit.

Shipping and duty is always a ####, but still almost always cheaper than buying local.

edit: Since when does this site not auto-correct the C word! Sorry kids
    Last edited by clay72; 01-22-2014 at 07:42 AM.
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

I think all the parts for rebuilding my 3tc came in under 100 except they didn't have pistons. Once and awhile I treat myself to giant box of parts I may or may not need, simply because they are 1/10th of retail. Happens a lot for 70s corolla parts. All closeout sale.

1970 KE17 Project
    1969 KE10 Slider

Oh sh*t the secrets out :P

I got a water pump off them last week for $20 that cost $150 local.

I'll take that deal any day.

Just bought cat and flex pipe unit for a domestic, 270$ local, 179$rockauto

go rockauto. make sure to do a search for the latest discount code as well to save 5% or 10%

shipping is way cheaper if you can get it shipped to the states then go get it.

I use http://picitupinsumas.com

pete
    Last edited by 76RA24; 01-22-2014 at 11:17 AM.

Express shipping isn't worth it from my experience.
    Came in the same time as regular.

Express 3-5days
    Regular 4-10 or something

They always come in 5 lol.

RETIRED

It's like a game, getting as many parts from one warehouse. Always use rock auto
    Husky Situations

Quote Originally Posted by clay72 View Post
    Shipping and duty is always a ####, but still almost always cheaper than buying local.

edit: Since when does this site not auto-correct the C word! Sorry kids
    90% of the time it's cheaper than local if you bundle. I have yet to pay a dime on duty and I've made about 10 orders
    Husky Situations

Quote Originally Posted by RandyCorolla View Post
    90% of the time it's cheaper than local if you bundle. I have yet to pay a dime on duty and I've made about 10 orders
    That's because they include duty and handle the brokerage I believe
    1984 blacktop coupe
    1982 Corolla wagon - STOLEN

I just did rockauto and chose the cheapest "consolidated" shipping option.. then got a tracking # from a third party that referenced UPS.. which scared me.

.. turns out, i was scared for no reason..

$20 shipping for a fair sized box with 3 ebrake cables in it from Cali.. and that INCLUDED the tax, duty etc.

Woohoo, I may have a working ebrake..

And yes, ALWAYS google 'rockauto discount code' ..and use whatever recent one pops up.. at least 5% off, always.

Brett

Brett
    '87 AE86 - GTSR5 - Daily Driver
    '72 RA21 Celica - 'Ill build it one day'
    '73 RN27 Hilux - Restomod in progress
    '80 MX32 Cressida - Next in the project queue
    '91 SV25 Camry All-Trac - Winter DD

I ordered complete front wheel bearings left and right from RockAuto for $65CAD taxes in and shipped to my door. Was here in 5 business days. RockAuto, rocks.
    1987 Toyota Corolla GTS
    2012 Triumph Daytona 675
    2011 Honda Ruckus

So I just bought 2 front wheel bearings assembly and a stock cat back exhaust, and the shipping was more than the order! Is this normal for a large package or did I miss something?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    http://i.imgur.com/whGaEBG.jpg

Rotate when Irate

You really gotta make sure the each item ships from the same place... or shipping gets crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Spence View Post
    So I just bought 2 front wheel bearings assembly and a stock cat back exhaust, and the shipping was more than the order! Is this normal for a large package or did I miss something?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    You ordered an exhaust lol. What do you expect. Bigger the item more the shipping is. I've noticed their rates are calculated on size of package over weight.
    Husky Situations

If you can return the exhaust, you could have a better than good one fabricated at your local Muffler shop.

Nobody is mentioning that rockauto has parts and can ship from Canada? I ordered some superduty stuff and it all came from Canada. The parts have a little maple leaf I think.

They don't always have the best prices on everything, but the majority of their stuff is cheaper than the local parts store for sure.

Also $270 for a cat and a flex pipe? I just bought a complete exhaust for my truck $295 shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post
    If you can return the exhaust, you could have a better than good one fabricated at your local Muffler shop.
    LOL 9/10 exhaust shops are total scammers. My buddy just got a catback exhaust done at a 'reputable' shop here, They used clamps through the whole system, didn't hang it right, it rubs in several places, and literally touches the gas tank. Then they tried to charge him $700+.

I've never had a good experience having an exhaust made except by Warren and Joel at BCWorks.
    Last edited by Dugwillis; 01-29-2014 at 12:58 PM.

I don't know if I'd buy your statistics. I've dealt with a handful of shops in Victoria that I'd recommend to my grandma.

Your friend obviously had poor work done, but it doesn't mean it was intentional nor that it represents 90% of muffler shops.