Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ae86 street project

been working on the front bumper and flares for the past 2 week ends. Not a hole lot to take pictures of but here is how I got it to work for me. I took a piece flat bar and made some L brackets. Then drilled some holes and this is what I looks like.

[IMG][/IMG]

Then I installed it on the front on the bumper between the 2 front ducks. I figured it would give it some stability in the front.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

For the sides I molded some threaded rode in the side of the bumper, I don't have pic will get one up later. It worked pretty good. its holding nice and staring to look good.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by ae88pat; 03-09-2014 at 08:24 PM.

Much better than USDM eh?

That looks great. But wheels are becoming more and more crucial

All the CBY copies around are for Levin. They fit the USDM bumper like they fit the Levin bumper, so I guess people just started copying them.

Looks pretty ok.

RETIRED

yea I agree with that the flares are not as nice of fit. I will have to get more fiberglass and do best I can. it would of helped if the where installed right. I am fixing a lot of stuff from the previous owner. Yes I know I need wheels, they are on the way, they where ordered last Monday. So another 3 weeks max, I hope it will be sooner.

I received my wheels yesterday, rely fast service at diamond star. I know a lot of guys don't like theme, but I needed wheels that I could choose the offset and stuff. I would love a nice set of jdm wheels but trying to find some with low offset is tough.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

These are the tiers I am putting on toyo proxies r 888.

[IMG][/IMG]

It's actually easy to find. Just mad expensive lol. Check club4ag dimsum usually sells nice sets, or you can check yahoojapanauctions.

Got a chance to use my friends tire machine and balancer last night. Went really good, the tier blaster as me and my friends call it did the trick. So out with the old and in with the new!

What a difference in wheels
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

This is the blast tank, does the job to bead the tiers. all it is, is an air tank with a valve at the end and a flat tube to really get close to tiers. Its loud thought, my ears are still ringing. I took a vid I can try to get it up here if anyone want to see it let me know.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last step was to balance the tiers. We hade to put weights on the outside the balancer was not advanced enough for that wheel. We did get theme all to zero out. Again I am impressed with diamond racing, I could not find anything wrong with the wheels.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Meaty.....

Scoot!..bum's....Scoot!

Sweet looking. Btw: use hearing protection when playing with that bead blaster. You don't want to listen to the ringing sound for the rest of your life. That goes double for angle grinding

The wheel lock for the balancer looks like a really nice set of vintage spinners for those wheels. Time to break into wheel shops.
    SpeedHero

Spirit of the Street, King of Sport

Nice, on car pics!
    If there's one thing I've learned from the first two thirds of the MC Hammer Biography, it's that money never runs out.

Ah, so jealous of the diamonds! They are a good company to deal with. I once received a wheel that had been welded crooked, they took it back and covered the charges! Make sure your lug nuts are the right taper for the lug holes! Hubcentric rings too! Just a few things to think about with Diamond Racing

Maybe I missed it, but what are the specs on them?

So I could not wait anymore I hade to see the wheels on the car. I am really happy about the fitment they are nice ant flush with the flares. I cant wait to lower it, but its going take a bit of time to get funds together. I am thinking of building front coil overs and getting adjustable springs for the rear.

sorry about the crappy pics, its getting packed in the shope. I will take better ones this weeks.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

is that the vertex replica front bumper?

also

tiers...

TIRES or TYRES. what is this Tiers business?