Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ae86 street project

visean is offline Yo, troubled night in the John
    Digging it! Great progress. Also, I have supported all of the music on your wall over the years Cheers.

Love what you've done with this car so far. Wheels are looking good in those big boy flares!

What do your seat rails look like? I just finished tossing some recaros in mine and they are way to high but I can maybe only drop them like an inch. That will help but not really. Any chance you have a pic of what yours look like?!
    Mat 83 GTS Hatch 87 GTSR5 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by KingSpence View Post
    If only I put the same amount of effort into my schooling as I do my car. Education is important, but racecar is importanter.
    Stuff I'm Selling
    IG Mattyballz86

Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe View Post
    is that the vertex replica front bumper?

also

tiers...

TIRES or TYRES. what is this Tiers business?
    what are u asking or what is the point of your tier chart.

projectae86 to fit recaro seat like mine I hade to make my own seat braket. I had tried to put rail on but was way to high also. I will take a pic of it this week for you.

Thanks so much! im thinking im going to have to cut out the sliders on the driver side and just mount the seat permanently and leave the passenger side a tad high as it doesn't affect me

What did you use on the engine bay to get her so spancy? Just elbow grease and some brake clean?!?I just looked over the tread again and im in love with your engine bay haha
    Mat 83 GTS Hatch 87 GTSR5 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by KingSpence View Post
    If only I put the same amount of effort into my schooling as I do my car. Education is important, but racecar is importanter.
    Stuff I'm Selling
    IG Mattyballz86

Just on completely stock suspension right now?

RETIRED

Quote Originally Posted by projectae86 View Post
    What did you use on the engine bay to get her so spancy? Just elbow grease and some brake clean?!?I just looked over the tread again and im in love with your engine bay haha
    Spray 9. King of street style.

RETIRED

yes I am on stock suspension, raising funds to get a good set up. I am thinking of building coilovers for the front.
    I will tell you my trick to clean the bay its WD40 works great!!!

so I am getting ready for the week end. I taped the car and gave a coat of primer on one of the side skirt. My plan is to get at least the skirts painted this week end. If all goes good the bumper to, I have a bit of adjustment on one side of the bumper and that's it. Spring is officially started today, so now its crunch time. I think I am going to get a bushing kit, Since its going to take me a wile to get coilovers.

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by ae88pat View Post
    what are u asking or what is the point of your tier chart.
    your spelling of tires.

Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe View Post
    your spelling of tires.
    LoL
    Bryan
    DK Moderator

Got the side skirts done, but I got side tracked from my bumper. I bought a new seat to replace the recaro, I am glade I can put theme both in my ek hatch. Dint like the ideal of splitting theme up.
    I worked on modifying the bracket I had made for the recaro.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

looking good pat, amazing progress. can't wait to see it back on the streets.

nice to see the bumper and sideskirtsfited :P

Once you lower it a little this car will look sick

Thanks for all the comments! I haven't updated lately because my wife got hit. Guy went through a red light and t bonded my wife car. I been spending most of my time arguing with
    co operators for the cash. its should be back to normal now, got here a crv now. I will have a pic of car up tonight, I put doors in and seat. hoping to make exhaust this week end.

car looks good! moar pics!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4age
    "The Miata will get some compliments along with some ?hairdresser? comments and odd looks from the average public, enthusiasts are never really sure if you are a stance guy, a drifter, or a homosexual"
    BUILD THREAD!!!
    http://www.dorikaze.net/showthread.p...-pics-page-5!*

I got the car pretty much all back together, doors are on, seat is in. Now its time for all the little stuff, I removed the oil cooler lines. They are looking rough and worn in some spots. need to put back the distributer and wires and fire it up this week. Plan is to get it running by Thursday so I can drive it to the machine shop, so I can finish the exhaust. Does anyone have any experience with msd coils. Wondering if they are any good. I think its still the stock coil pack.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Seat is really close to perfect, I might put the rails in latter down the road. I have some little modification to do on theme. So for now its fine.

[IMG][/IMG]

For the exhaust I got a 10 foot piece of 304 grade stainless steel tubing. Its some really nice stuff, I also got a piece of stainless to make flanges.

[IMG][/IMG]

Starts by welding the flange to a 7 foot piece. then I bolted it to the header under the car and made so measurements. I am going to build it as a under axle for my first try. I don't know anyone with a mandrel bender around here. I am going to try to order some bends online,. But for now this will work goes fine, will loos minimal flow like this. made some 12.5 degree cuts and it clears nice.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

This is the finished piece all the way to rear axle.

[IMG][/IMG]

this car is really starting to look bad ass!
    nice work
    those CBY flares can be really hard to pull off, but you've done it