Thread: antisquat, higher or lower?

antisquat, higher or lower?

in terms of drifting and gripping, what do you guys prefer?

I played around with this last year and went for high antisquat last year and it felt like I had bad corner exit speed.
    tried less anti squat this year and felt a little better but I could just be driving differently. a friend told me to take off the traction bracket all together and have the least amount of anti-squat. I'm not really sure what's better when it comes to time attack but I'm curious to what everyone else thinks, I'd preferably want full equal lengths down the road with adjustable upper and lowers to play around with but right now I only have the lowers with 3 different angles

You want the traction bracket.

and you want your uppers on the chassis side to not point at the ground.
    BCWORKS

If you're into circuit stuff and going fast, it would be a good idea to get one of those budget data acquisition systems. Then you'd have real proof of what is fastest. I find at autocross some of my fastest times 'feel' slow, y'know? That said if it feels better and you're more confident I would stay where you're at, or continue in the same direction for less anti-squat.

Yeah the traction bracket would handy for tuning anti squat at higher ride heights but lower the ride height too much and your anti squat value will be changing rapidly through the wheel travel. At that point nothing will make sense.

4 links and rear seats dont play well together, here it led to a massive tradeoff in geometry!

1970 KE17 Project
    1969 KE10 Slider

yeah maybe that's the problem, I remember looking at Derek's and warrens setup and being stupid jealous. my upper links are pointed severely downwards. we've been playing around with the idea of watts 3 link vs equal length, keeping the rear seats would be nice but I'm willing to give them up for performance.
    I shaved 2 seconds off my time from last year, but I'm driving a completely different car and I could just be driving faster from experience alone. I might have to change this at the track on the spot, seems like you guys run high antisquat for drifting?

i don't know from a grip perspective other than there's more, but antisquat fights wheelhop.

I aimed for 100% anti squat on my car. I got pretty close but I think at my current ride height they are still aimed a little below the motor. Car feels crazy good though. 10000000 times better then stock. I think Derek went pretty neutral too. And his car pulls grip out of thin air.

Like I was saying in chats. If you want to do equal length 4 link the uppers should point a little further down then your lowers. And could likely still fit under some "faux" seats.
    BCWORKS

Wheel hop is easily remedied by great spacing between the links and less deflection in the pivot points.
    BCWORKS

The fastest setups I have been involved with are basically 100% anti squat. I haven't messed with Corolla's much lately, but I have been setting up ground pounders. (stock cars setup for road racing, 3 link rears with pan) fastest I have found is the top bars are near neutral at static, and the lowers are pointed at the drivers ass>stomach area, visually ends up intersecting around the shifter to dash area. I also run very little pinion angle, I run 2-4 deg, depending on Bearing make. (true value, pinion and drive shaft) This setup has yielded best results, especially if the driver has a ball sack on him. Then again, like you guys said, your packaging is limited. If you really wanted to try, you can use your rake to affect anti squat and angle of attack, but if your road racing, the by products probably wont be worth it.

Custom/Race Work, Chassis setup and Fabrication. Follow my Racing Shenanigans!!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Trew-...8143224?ref=hl

Quote Originally Posted by Warren View Post
    I aimed for 100% anti squat on my car. I got pretty close but I think at my current ride height they are still aimed a little below the motor. Car feels crazy good though. 10000000 times better then stock. I think Derek went pretty neutral too. And his car pulls grip out of thin air.
    Teach me how to dougie. Rear suspension and grip is the new V8. I can't believe how well your guys cars handled at DUI this year. A beautiful thing to watch!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    i like to go into lordco and just yell into the mufflers they have in stock until i find one that tickles my fancy
    Wisdom from NeptuneD on choosing mufflers for exhaust note