Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Do it for the love

Sweet. Excited to see this slide.. I'm trying to be done soon too
    If there's one thing I've learned from the first two thirds of the MC Hammer Biography, it's that money never runs out.

Nice work on the tunnel. Seam sealer is the best.

That looks like the adjustable panhard that i made? Has it changed hands that many times already?!
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

Derek made this bar actually.

Hoping to be done in July, preferably this year but who knows. I should make a gofund me account haha

On a plus note, I rock guarded the frame of my truck. Also got a cold air intake and aftermarket eprom.. +80hp +125 ft/lb Tq. Changed shift points and rolls some decent coal on hard launches now. Nothing more then simply maintance from now on to the truck
    Last edited by oldskoolcool; 06-02-2015 at 06:55 PM.
    OldSkoolCustoms

More old toyotas then common sense

Corolla got dropped off at the hotrod shop today. James list this time is sort of long. Build full exhaust, half cage, lower the engine just enough for the hood to sit right, fix the gas pedal situation, skid plate, trams crossmember and bumpers (the rear will have a built in jacking point.

My diesel towed liked a dream with the chip in it, zero issues enough power to pull a corolla and then some!

Also picked up a 93 s13 today to track for now. Capital drift guys are going hard these days and we wanted something to smash (my buddy and I went halfers) So the s13 needs a new motor (bought that today) and then just some eBay lowering sleeve stuff to get it a bit stiffer. I know zero about poofourtys and plan to keep it that way. If it lasts a few events it will just get sold to fund seats for my car
    OldSkoolCustoms

Wow its been over a month. My corolla is still at the welders. due to fire season he has had alot of extra work (i don't believe james sleeps he works non stop) Bought the s13, repaired it and sold it for double the investment. Some things happened and i need my money out of it. with that dealt with i allocated my funds where they needed to be and then brought home a super cheap 2wd toyota pickup. Again big plans for it but if the right $$ came id sell it. not that i want to become a used car salesman by any means but small repairs keep me busy and the profits are all going back toward this the Corolla build
    OldSkoolCustoms

AHA I finally remember my password for DK!!! PRAISE BABY JEEBUS

So life and financial obligations have got in the way of any real progress. A year and a bit later cars still at the welders i have not put a rush or deadline on it and thats 100% my fault. Lately i have been trying to get my head around how to make the throttle work 100% by cable as now i have 2 corollas im swapping a beams into both with stock intake and ecu. Honestly the more i look and the Throttle body and get angry at the time ive wasted with it sitting and not being built i probably should just save up for some ITBS and ecu

(some of you may be familair with my buddy lukas' 86 coupe. the 4age had massive oil blowby on cyl3/4 after it sat for awhile. So rather then spending a fortune to rebuild a 4age and still be let down by the costower gains he decided to order a beams also)
    OldSkoolCustoms

well almost another full year. this time some real progress tho. let me bore the living **** out of you old guys who still use forums

ok so quick refresh. AE71, GTS Converted, Beams 3sge and 6spd on stock ecu, 7.5 celica supra rear end, S13 front suspension. tube bumpers, half cage

Its home from the hotrod shop and i got it running in the first week. Re did the fuel system 3 times until i was happy with its location. need a proper rad and a fan still but I'm pretty close to having it done. i Just picked up the 1 piece driveshaft i had made for it and I'm currently trying to wrap my simple mind around setting up the ujoint angles. It needs to have an o2 bung added and the jacking point on the rear bumper done james forgot i asked for those. he built me a custom 2.5" exhaust that sounds awesome he also added a straight pipe for when i decide that being muffled isn't cool anymore. it needs the hydraulic lines all bled and coolant but its pretty close to doing a smoke show

that said i still have alot of work to get it steetable, and even more work planned for next year. The ae86 dash is secured with zip ties for mock up purpose and will need proper brackets to hold it secure. still need to do some minor wiring work for the engine light, charge light/alt output, and i need to order the speedometer adapter which will probably get bought with a alternator slimline kit to reduce some of the cluster. hood latches need to be installed. seats and interior but we all know i forgot a few things along the way

installed some camaro AGX adjustable rear shocks
    OldSkoolCustoms

Any new pics?

86 with a bunch of scaffolding in it
    Space wedge that doesnt work

whats everyone using for image sharing now? my photos were to big to upload
    OldSkoolCustoms

imgur.com works well
    ---------------------------------
    End.

Got a Computer for my shop and heard that photo bucket fixed there **** so we can rebuild the forums!!!

I'm really no closer to being drivable then i was last summer, missing the deadline made me angry and i ignored it for awhile. The struggle with driveshaft angles was that the engine was installed without the crossmember spacers, but i was running the trans crossmember for the dropped engine. so it sat like 1.5" lower then the rear pinion and a crazy downward angle. Had to walk away and come back to it to clue in i could jack my trans up almost 2.75" until it contacted the chassis.

Recently installed Dereks angle rack spacers, Camaro AGX Rear shocks, driveshaft, resistor mod for ae86 tach. swapped out and rewire coolant temp sensor with a 3 wire toyota unit (can't recall unit atm) connected oil pressure gauge. As well as accumulating parts and wheels. New MAF, Work equip spinning 4 spoke for fronts, 4 centreline auto drags. Steel for dash mounts and to brace the rad crossmember.

Needs an alignment, radiator and fan, double check trans oil (did i fill it didn't i who knows anymore) engine bay/wiring cleaned up and finalized, dash securely mounted, hood mounts installed. o2 bung installed in exhaust, wire obd2 connector, clear coat bumpers ( Leave steel and clear coat or paint???), Rear seat delete plate
    Last edited by oldskoolcool; 03-13-2019 at 09:07 PM.
    OldSkoolCustoms

Never Fails haha. Photo buckets revived and i can't log in to mine :headbang:

ill sort that out another time.

I decided for now I'm just going to make due with my Godspeed AE86 radiator, it worked before. So got some 1 1/4" OD aluminum tube from a recycler for 3$ and went to Lordco and wandered around the back to find 4 90* rad hoses with 1 1/4" Id. Its not as clean as i pictured this 5 years ago when i started but at this point i need to experience something more then busted knuckles and empty bank accounts with this toy.

Installed a Flex-A-Lite Lo Profile S Blade P/N#133 pusher fan in front of the radiator. it fits nicely and covers a good 80% of the rad. 1250 CFM should hopefully be enough to keep it happy. The 133 model includes the Temperature Controller box and Temperature sensor probe, so the fan cut in points can be adjusted from 160*-240*F. It can also be setup to have a manual switch and A/C control as well.

Wired in the OBD connector and it doesn't talk with my cheap scanner. some digging online says getting the Torque App on a phone and buying a wireless OBD Dongle it can be setup to read JOBD and i can finally see if I'm getting codes. The more i play with the air intake piping the more i lean toward its just experiencing the common Beams issue when the factory airbox is removed. But having sensor data will help me diagnose and log the issues.

Remounted a hood last weekend and in order to clear the engine cover, the chop saw needed to come play. Thankfully i have a spare hood... Basically i cut a nasty as hole that looks ****ing awful. the other option is to space the hood almost 1.25" to get it to clear. YES THIS IS BECAUSE I CHOSE NO RACK SPACERS!!!!!!!! But thats fine. i have a few other things i can possibly try to keep this a cleanish sleeper streetcar

Gave it a driveway alignment for now, drained and refilled trans with Redline MT90 oil.
    OldSkoolCustoms

well some more time has passed and no new pics to show.

i wasted some money ordering a WIFI obd dongle and some apps to try and communicate with the stock ecu, nothing worked for me, it could be because my harness was one of the first conversions he did it could be missing something he said that he learnt later down the road oh well just toss more money at the problem sooooo
    i ordered a link altezza PNP, found the running issue within a minute of being connected with the tuner and fixed it in an hour. it needs dyno time but its pretty quick now its running properly. the AFR is really rich so I'm not driving it until i can get some tuning done.

this week i will be raising the front end about 1" to get rid of the rake/ allow for full lock and no rubbing. hoping to build a rear dual calliper setup this summer with paulcorolla then its basically finished and we will see how long i keep it. I've been feeling like just cashing out of it more and more lately. but the light is at the end of the tunnel so only time will tell!~
    OldSkoolCustoms