Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do it for the love

I Feel stupid for installing my brake rotors, even with leaving the oils on then from factory there is some rust after only a few days, nothing a skim on the lathe won't cure.
    Or a quick tap of the brake pedal when you get it rolling.
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

Yea then you just embed the rust into fresh pads and then it brakes ****ty
    OldSkoolCustoms

More old toyotas then common sense

I have never had an issue with that when mine get rusty.
    BCWORKS

Neither have I. Even on racecars... in racing situations... such as racing.
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

How racy.
    1987 Corolla GTS Hatch | 1985 Corolla GTS Coupe | 1987 Corolla GTS Coupe | 1992 Tercel CE | 1992 Paseo | 2003 Corolla CE | 1974 Corolla 4 Door | 1978 Corolla Coupe | 1979 Corolla Hatch SR5 | <3||||||1990 Miata |||||| <3
    I like Toyota's wanna fight about it?

Spent some more time huffing Sauder and hooking wires together over the last few days.

I've been shopping for a diesel truck and trailer so haven't spent as much time on the car as of lately. Just pushing wire and reconnecting ****. Time consuming. I guess the interior (see carpet, seats, sound deadening) will be removed in the next few days to make room for tunnel chopping. Yes I've said 100x that im gonna chop the tunnel soon. But I'm a procrastinator and the task seems difficult somewhat. Feels like I'm getting really close to having a run I beams swapped Corolla. But then again im high, so it's probsbly years away.
    OldSkoolCustoms

Keep truckin, er... car'in. It's going to be dope, and nothing is that hard if you chip away every day.
    If there's one thing I've learned from the first two thirds of the MC Hammer Biography, it's that money never runs out.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    Keep truckin, er... car'in. It's going to be dope, and nothing is that hard if you chip away every day.
    Where are you on bad days haha
    OldSkoolCustoms

Across the strait. Pretty bad when I can pretty much see your place from here but it's 6 hours of ferries to get there.
    If there's one thing I've learned from the first two thirds of the MC Hammer Biography, it's that money never runs out.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    Across the strait. Pretty bad when I can pretty much see your place from here but it's 6 hours of ferries to get there.
    Time to buy an amphicar. maybe do a 20 valve swap to keep it toyota.

I suck at pictures, I alwyasmjust get motivated then think about it.

Yesterday installed rear rotors and bridges, waiting on clip kits from Lordco.. Remebered that I need 14s now to clear brakes. And I don't own any sooo... Standstill for a few days in that department.

Removed seats, carpet and picked up some dry ice. If you have not tried dry ice to remove sound deadening you really should. Previously I have used a heat gun a scraper and spent an entire afternoon cleaning the goopy sound deadening off. Break up the dry ice. Place on the floor and wait till you here popping. And then just hit it wi a hammer and chisel. Took less then an hour with a friends hand. Now it's that much closer to having the tunnel cut up.

Some less,the awesome surprises were to be had during this process. Below the passenger seat the floor has rotten away 5" square are above the "frame" rail. And the seam that runs side to side just behind the drivers door is rough looking, not rusty and gone but needs addressed none the less. A small patch below the gas pedal is needed and then the rear shock area and some body spots. Plus side to this is I have the money for my new truck and will be picking it up tommorow. And I sold the 89 crapalier for 700$ So I at least have money for these repairs. I'm not willing to try the welding above the frame rail so Im just gonna load it up and take it to my welder, once I have re test fit the engine measured the room I need and add the lowering blocks in .

Race car life. Install, remove, modify, install,remove, tweak, install, remove. Paint,
    OldSkoolCustoms

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolcool View Post
    Remembered that I need 14s now to clear brakes. And I don't own any sooo... Standstill for a few days in that department.
    Then why'd you sell me your Supras?! Lol

Did I sell you supras? At one point in my life I was all about 13"s to the point I have a hoard of tread at my house, at work and at lukes place.

Time to start wheel shopping. Plus supras won't work with is build, to mediocre, I don't want no Mediocre. I'm building em coolest car in nanaimo lol
    OldSkoolCustoms

ATS wheels r the coolest

Where did you get your hands on these gems for such a steal, I'm in Surrey and I can't find even one for a reasonable price

I've got a set of 8" wide -0 offset 14" 5 spoke wheels. I'm not sure what they are, I can check for you if you are interested. But they are pretty cool. They could use a polish or a coat of paint but are otherwise in good shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ---------------------------------
    End.

Quote Originally Posted by vectick View Post
    Where did you get your hands on these gems for such a steal, I'm in Surrey and I can't find even one for a reasonable price
    On deeee island mon!
    No air care means cool old cars stuck around
    OldSkoolCustoms

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolcool View Post
    On deeee island mon!
    No air care means cool old cars stuck around
    Wish I was there! Love your response monnn hahaha

Do you look anywhere? They are all over Vancouver.
    BCWORKS

air care is gone on the mainland now as well