Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do it for the love

Recieved my chrome 8 spoke 14x7 3" bs rims care of summit racing.

Don't really care there not what I ordered but summits customer service was fairly useless so I won't be ordering there again anytime soon. They are fairly light surprisingly enough. It was 36 lbs labeled on the packing slip for the pair.
    OldSkoolCustoms

More old toyotas then common sense

More items ordered again. A Russell performance secondary fuel filter -6 in and out and more AN fittings to connect it. This should complete my fuel system aside from perhaps installing some fuel cell foam.
    I picked up ae86 rear park cables, rumor is they work with the celicasupra brakes. I also picked up a new brake flare kit and a line bender to make things prettier, faster, and cleaner.

There is one more busted piece on my intake manifold, so I found one from a fellow forum member Josh. Benifit to everyone going itb's and hoarding the stock manifolds.

I found someone selling a omp seat but it wasn't as large as he said it was so im back to searching for a seat for a big guy like myself 36-38" waist... If you have a big bucket seat Id be interested in buying it.
    OldSkoolCustoms

I picked up ae86 rear park cables, rumor is they work with the celicasupra brakes.
    Yup, that's the setup JD's car has.
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

Sparco evo 2 plus or evo 3 are made for "US size drivers" lol. I fit well in my evo 2 plus.

Drove down to Victoria to met up wit Derek and Warren to pickup some goodies for the Corolla whiles it's at the welding shop.

Picked up a wink panel mirror from Warren, as well as one of his Brake Master Delete plates. And stickers, everyone loves stickers

Derek built me an adjustable panhard bar. I also got a set of his steering rack spacers to get some more angle. Hopefully I won't wind up buying/building knuckles right away.

Purchased a Russell in line fuel filter and the An fittings. That should be the last piece for my fuel system other then connecting it all and some hose length..

When I was driving to Victoria the pmd (injector driver) began to act up a lot. It's a common issue on the 6.5l Chevy. It allready has a pmd cooler and relocation kit. Began to misfire and stall out around Duncan on the way to Vic. Luckily I outsmarted the electrics and everytime I noticed any issue I pulled over and put ice on the heat sync. Got me all the way to Vic and back. Silly diesel I win!
    OldSkoolCustoms

666 is offline Tested positive for Corolla
    Glad you made it back with out a tow!

For the russell in line fuel filter I would maybe try and find an alternative. The filter elements are about the size of a quarter, it doesn't take much to start restricting fuel.

That was a fun thing to diagnoses! NOT! It would cut out at part way through a run at WOT

I replaced it with two of these, one in 100 micron and one 10 micron. The filter elements are WAY bigger.

http://store.performance-world.com/P...ductCode=96410
    Last edited by 666; 04-21-2015 at 07:52 AM.

1987 Toyota Corolla GTS Coupe
    1982 Toyota Corolla 5spd Wagon RIP donor to the 81'
    1981 Toyota Corolla Auto Wagon *Now* 5spd Drifto
    1980 Toyota Corolla 4Spd Sedan
    1982 Toyota Corolla 5spd Wagon
    1981 Toyota Corolla Auto Wagon

Hmm well I still have the boxing perhaps I'll return it. It was super cheap I thought at only 25$

Today I got a new intake sent from Joshua. I busted a piece and he had one laying around so I got the whole factory Intake just in care more mishaps happen

Flex lines for brakes are in. No fancy stainless lines just brand new rubbers
    OldSkoolCustoms

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolcool View Post
    Flex lines for brakes are in. No fancy stainless lines just brand new rubbers
    A good rubber keeps you out of trouble!

Got word from the welder the car will be ready for me to pick up next weekend, probably pick it up Sunday afternoon/evening. Need to grab some lug nuts for the wheels I ordered, and pick up the flex lines a roll of 3/16th brake line and some fittings.

Downside is I have two vehicles to come to my place for engine work which will sidetrack my corolla for a few weeks at least. Funny how things never seem to line up timewise. Woulda been to perfect to have the side jobs booked for when the car was at the hospital. But at least it will be more funding for the skids.

Mind numbing excitement but still lots of things to do. it will be nice to have most the parts installed in the car rather then boxed up in my shop
    OldSkoolCustoms

Well the car came home

Test fitted the Bassett wheels. First time I've ever really used a tape measure successfully hhaha back spacing is perfect, could have gotten a 8" wheel in there easy

Now what you all waited for. The welding work. James left the seam sealing for me to do so I could see the work before it was hidden

Last edited by oldskoolcool; 05-05-2015 at 10:36 PM.
    OldSkoolCustoms

Ordered lug nuts and aero hood pins. Body work and brake shizz is planned for this weekend but I need to spend some time studying for my 4th year and red seal exams next week.

Found a twin to it going to go buy it tommorow for my buddy Lukas. Probably going to build it to the same spec. But his will be a daily and his 86 may go for sale, or become a missile car.
    OldSkoolCustoms

The long venture to Chilliwack for the twin was a waste of time. The owner sent lukas photos stratigcally hiding all the rust spots. even listed the ad as quote "very little rust" we traveled for 4 hours there to spend 1 minute looking at how rotten the shock towers were and turned around for out 4 hour trip home. Waste of a day i coulda been corollaing but it a was free lunch and beer

Got a hour in on the corolla today between studying and fixing a friends z32 TT before it gets a tune

Pushed it back up in its favorite red car ramps and removed the rear links again and installed my poly upper links and the adjustable panhard i got from Derek. Next up is to change the lower links i tried to use the 86 lowers i already had poly bushings in but the extra bracing/rear end setup won't allow it. Lucky i keep everything so i have the factory lower links ready painted and awaiting the poly bushings to go in. This week i plan Chopping up the 1/2ton ram rear springs till there the length i want and then i will heat the coil to reflatten the bottom. Still need to find a nice shock that won't break my bank. The

I replaced the rear ebrake cables today also. so the rear calipers and pads need to be installed. eventually get around to installing the flexlines and flaring up some minty fresh brake lines. New Datsun Brake master should be in thursday along with the lug nuts and hood pins. Hope to find a bit of time each night between review to install a few of the pieces i have hoarded before i can finally reach the engine and trans in my shop. FORWARD STEPS GETTING CLOSER DAILY!

No pictures tho cuz i suck and thats why no one follows this dead thread.
    OldSkoolCustoms

You don't have to read pictures.

That's a lot of words.
    BCWORKS

I hate pieces of crap sellers who purposely hide stuff in the hopes that someone won't see it.

No need for pics, I just worked 15 hours so the words are all blending together anyway

Next time get the seller to post pictures of all the suspect spots. I have a rule, if the seller won't send you pictures, or won't let you have the car put on a lift to be inspected, just move on to the next car.

I've been reading the updates but just haven't said anything. Have you considered extending the PCM harness on your 6.5 to keep the pcm cool?

Yea I am going to extend the wires and relocate it to somewhere in the grill or in the bumper. Currently it's running on the stock injection pump mounted driver without issue so I have left it be (been chasing other issues its popped up)
    OldSkoolCustoms

Took some pictures because pictures prove progress (or lack thereof)

Poly Links in 4 links/Dereks Adj Panhard par/Rotors/pads/calipers all finally on for what i hope to be the final time (diff seems to be clicking so i may be wrong). The ae86 Ebrake cables i got do not seem to work with the calipers i need about 1" more for proper cable action. may try ordering celicasupra cables. Dropping off springs this afternoon for modification and i need to figure out some shocks.

I began sealing off the transmission tunnel as well from the welding work i had done. I chose to have James leave it unfinished because (A) I wanted to see the finished work (B) Am a big boy and can prep/seam seal myself (C) Saves money

Last edited by oldskoolcool; 05-14-2015 at 10:57 AM.
    OldSkoolCustoms

Trams tunnel is fully seam sealed now. Then I noticed that In moving the firewall it also moved my throttle pedal up and forward, something very goofy is going to have to happen, lowering the pedal is sort of easy, but pushing it back seems like a task. I will probably wind up bringing the clutch/brake pedals forward a bit to compensate for the change.

The engines sitting on the mounts now. Test fitted with the crossmember spacers and there tons of room. Then removed the spacers and re fitted everything. Still a lot of room, but now the engine sits so high the hood won't close. (Custom cowl hood may be the answer)

I'll get some pictures tonight when I can put it on the ground with the beams installed!
    OldSkoolCustoms

Spent my day off with a buddy masking/prepping the repaired panels for sealing and paint. Had Lordco mis up some blue paint. I decided to do a bit of a tribute to my 86 since it gave its life for this project. Oem 1986 gts two tone dark blue. I chose to keep the line lower then on the 86. I only painted enough to hide the repaired areas. Also began rock guarding the rear inner fenders and underbody. Also I had a blonde moment, we masked the car and began rock guarding before I noticed I still have the dented fender on it. So the decision was made to keep my wrinkly and rock it.

This was the inspiration, before being lime green, before being black, my 86 was originally two tone blue

Pretty sweet that even the factory panels wanted the car to be this color.

Had some more 1/2 ton ram springs compressed. The first pair are a tad to low (hard to believe) since I don't want to roll fenders yet I choose to grab another set of springs and get me trimmed/compressed. 50$ well spent
    Last edited by oldskoolcool; 05-29-2015 at 09:06 PM.
    OldSkoolCustoms

Played around some this evening and I finally have got the engine sitting properly and the trans shifting to all gears, without crossmember spacers. The engine finally sitting properly gained more hood space, not enough to get away with just trimming webbing, but enough I won't need to chop and make a cowl hood. I will just run some hood spacers temporarily and see how I feel about.
    OldSkoolCustoms