Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spark plugs for high compression large port

I just checked rock auto and they don't sell reman'd dizzys anymore. You have to send in your dizzy to be rebuilt by either a1 cardone for 160 or autoline for 250. So i think maybe a different dizzy and another kbox kit and hope that it works this time

Wow, this got real in depth. haha . NGK BKR5E or BKR6E if you think its really high comp or some ****. Always run the hottest plug you can, with the biggest gap possible without missing. ( For NA setups, FI will need a tighter Gap). Projected Insulator will net you better gains. Since your burning oil, I would probably try the 5 first. Don't bother with any kind of garbage gimmick. Copper is the Best burn you can get, period. I have used everything from some BERU's that cost 125$ a plug (that's not a Typo) to plugs that cost 2$ a plug. Guess what I use most? Cheap ass coppers (NGK or Denso) like 5 bucks a plug.

Last year I used 5$ plugs in an F20C (s2000) that completed he 25hrs of Thunder hill, plus the 2 test days.

When it comes to plugs, its material, heat range then Gap. if your having issues with electrical noise, like some old alternators, then make sure they are Resistor type.

Custom/Race Work, Chassis setup and Fabrication. Follow my Racing Shenanigans!!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Trew-...8143224?ref=hl

I don't know how to tell if I have electrical noise lol. I have a pretty much new alternator that I got from g-penny a few months ago. So I'm thinking copper plug, heat range 5 and gap it according to the high compression spec? I'm going to get em now I suppose

So I swapped in the new plugs, ngk bkr5e's, dialled my tps in, and readjusted my timing. But it was pinging pretty good with my timing set to the factory spec. So I had to adjust it back till I couldn't hear it when I was driving it. But after a day of driving I pulled a plug to see and found that it is still running super lean. So I just swapped back in the original afm that came with the engine because the previous owner had drilled into the hidden set screw and set it to run a little richer. I'm gonna pull a spark plug tomorrow to see if it changes at all.