Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ae86 vs miata

Ae86 vs miata

I put together this editorial on my experience with the two driving machines.

http://riiprojects.wordpress.com/201...ae86-vs-miata/

In conclusion. Miatas make a guy look like a homo lol. But they are a decent fun car to drive. I will stick with my 86 and probly never drive a Miata. Ever. No offence lol

Quote Originally Posted by jewbaka421 View Post
    In conclusion. Miatas make a guy look like a homo lol. But they are a decent fun car to drive. I will stick with my 86 and probly never drive a Miata. Ever. No offence lol
    Nah its two guys in a Miata that look gay,I only drive my Miata with a helmet on and I either set FTD or VERY close to it and I've never once had anyone ask how I could go so fast and be gay.

As a guy with one of the most heavily modded AE86 race cars to be found you owe yourself to put aside your homophobic fears and drive a prepped Miata,the AE86 is a wicked fun car but sorry it pales in comparison for speed when equally modded(and WAAAY slower stock to stock)

Yeah a little rich in the tofu,

Corolla is a POS in the handling game compared to a miata. But very different times.
    BCWORKS

Having owned more than one corolla and one miata, I can say that if you are even attempting to compare a Miata to a Corolla, you can't. Nothing holds a candle stock for stock in that department. Even a modified 86 could get walked by a beat up stock Miata. Miata stops faster, turns better and in general is more predictable and stable than a corolla. The ONLY department an 86 might have a chance at beating it is driver dryness test in a rainstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren View Post
    Corolla is a POS
    Quoted for truth. It is only fun because of that fact it is trying to kill you, slowly.

Miata's aren't gay, and I am pretty ok with everyone who has never driven one to continue thinking that they are. More cars for me to snag and drive around in. Argueably one of the best people's sports cars ever built.
    Last edited by pitobread; 01-01-2015 at 12:55 AM.
    1987 Corolla GTS Hatch | 1985 Corolla GTS Coupe | 1987 Corolla GTS Coupe | 1992 Tercel CE | 1992 Paseo | 2003 Corolla CE | 1974 Corolla 4 Door | 1978 Corolla Coupe | 1979 Corolla Hatch SR5 | <3||||||1990 Miata |||||| <3
    I like Toyota's wanna fight about it?

Sorry, You can put a wheelbarrow in the back of a 86 hatch and close the trunk. It has that going for it as well.
    1987 Corolla GTS Hatch | 1985 Corolla GTS Coupe | 1987 Corolla GTS Coupe | 1992 Tercel CE | 1992 Paseo | 2003 Corolla CE | 1974 Corolla 4 Door | 1978 Corolla Coupe | 1979 Corolla Hatch SR5 | <3||||||1990 Miata |||||| <3

Quote Originally Posted by pitobread View Post
    Sorry, You can put a wheelbarrow in the back of a 86 hatch and close the trunk. It has that going for it as well.
    but you could TOW the wheelbarrow behind the miata, or use it as a hardtop (saves 500$!), and accomplish either with a ratchet strap.

Miata FTW!

like I said as a track car there is no comparison, the Miata takes it hands down, it is after all a sports car. As a daily/drifter they are much more comparable cars.

I once got into race with a miata on the streets of calgary, guy was probobly 40 and i was in my Hyandai pony. We were going downhill so I was power-matched for the miata . The guy had so much front grip on a hard turn he nearly flipped the miata. the miata was 90 degrees in the air. terrifying to watch only feet infront of you. Needless to say the old codger slowed down and I caught up to him side by side and just looked at him, as he stared forward contemplating how close he came to death in a convertable bakingsheet called a miata. He knew his balls were back there on the road, and he had been toasted, waxed, finished. He never got more than a car length infront of me, even though he tried and almost died.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hyundai_Pony2.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	471.9 KB 
ID:	13922
    yah son, i'd own any 86 or miata downhill in a touge in that
    Last edited by cerberii; 12-31-2014 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4age View Post
    like I said as a track car there is no comparison, the Miata takes it hands down, it is after all a sports car. As a daily/drifter they are much more comparable cars.
    It does both quite well, I daily my Miata. It's ultra reliable, the heat works great and if you get a hardtop you don't feel miserable every time it rains. The controls are all nicely placed and visibility other than rearward because of my roll bar is pretty good. The corolla only edges it out in interior space and dryness, that said I have been in some sunroof corollas that were swimming pools.

The Miata is very satisfying to drift too, you just gotta go Ricky Bobby fast.

i love the miata.
    i like some things about the corolla.

only thing you need to know is. wear pants when you go outside

Ok now compare cars mazda offered in same price range from 1984-87.

The only Mazda comps in the same range would probably be the 323 GT and RX7 FB (about $1.5k more). FC's started around $4k more.

Quote Originally Posted by cerberii View Post
    I once got into race with a miata on the streets of calgary, guy was probobly 40 and i was in my Hyandai pony. We were going downhill so I was power-matched for the miata . The guy had so much front grip on a hard turn he nearly flipped the miata. the miata was 90 degrees in the air. terrifying to watch only feet infront of you. Needless to say the old codger slowed down and I caught up to him side by side and just looked at him, as he stared forward contemplating how close he came to death in a convertable bakingsheet called a miata. He knew his balls were back there on the road, and he had been toasted, waxed, finished. He never got more than a car length infront of me, even though he tried and almost died.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hyundai_Pony2.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	471.9 KB 
ID:	13922
    yah son, i'd own any 86 or miata downhill in a touge in that
    two possibilites

1 you are ****ing retarded

2 you out sarcasmed us all, bravo
    BCWORKS

Go with 1.

He's an obvious troll. Why he's not banned is beyond me...

"The Miata will get some compliments along with some “hairdresser” comments and odd looks from the average public, enthusiasts are never really sure if you are a stance guy, a drifter, or a homosexual"

my new favorite quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4age
    "The Miata will get some compliments along with some ?hairdresser? comments and odd looks from the average public, enthusiasts are never really sure if you are a stance guy, a drifter, or a homosexual"
    BUILD THREAD!!!
    http://www.dorikaze.net/showthread.p...-pics-page-5!*

Quote Originally Posted by Dugwillis View Post
    Ok now compare cars mazda offered in same price range from 1984-87.
    Miata released in '89,toyota could of continued to evolve the corolla as a sporty car but went with the MR2 and supra.Both great choices that left those looking for an affordable sports car to look elsewhere...right when the sport compact scene was in full swing hence the explosion of the Honda civic that filled the gap and both the mr2 and supra went the way of the dodo.

Toyota dropped the ball with the frs/brz imo in that they don't have their badge on it and a Subaru engine in it(no love from me for those exploding pos's).I loved the look of the early prototypes but the production version looks like ass with the mazda3 wannabe front fenders.

Swift GT has more spirit of Corolla..

tommy is offline Redneck engineer/machinist
    Quote Originally Posted by max attack View Post
    Toyota dropped the ball with the frs/brz imo in that they don't have their badge on it and a Subaru engine in it(no love from me for those exploding pos's).
    Amen LOL
    TE31 1977 - 2T-B (traded)
    KE20 1974 - Destroked 7A, project "bigblock A meets peanut" Link to build thread (Sold)
    AE95 1990 - 4A-GZE daily driven wagon...