Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New T3 stuff

New T3 stuff

They've been releasing lots of new stuff lately. Say what you will about some of it, but at least they're trying/still care/keeping these old cars alive.

These new control arm dealies look cool, but i'm sure someone will tell me why they are poorly engineered or something?

https://technotoytuning.com/toyota/a...s-ae86-corolla

your thoughts?

The one thing I have gotten from T3, I really didn't like, but I'm soon to put a few more things in my car and see how it goes. My intake adaptor was horrible, but I do see lots of people with their stuff, so I'll try some other things. I have heard good and bad about a few things I now have, the crank pulley specifically.

they don't have that bend at the end before the ball joint, plus for drifters I don't think you want it that reinforced, if you hit a curb that's the end of your subframe. but no I'm really impressed how t3 continues to update their products and listen to critique, just got their new velocity stacks, extremely happy with it

Quote Originally Posted by Blade7 View Post
    I have heard good and bad about a few things I now have, the crank pulley specifically.
    Like a "miss-fire" can be catastrophic?...lol

I have heard they do nothing bad, or that they through your crank out of balance and you spin bearings. I also hear that their stuff rusts and sticks easy.

Some of there stuff doesn't fit in my experience and when I emailed them and sent photos they ignored me.
    BUT
    At least know that nothing you buy of any other company will fit either so they are as good as anyone else?

What are you referring to? I've never had any T3 parts 'not fit'. Also don't forget you're driving a 30 year old, most likely bent car.

T3 parts can seize up in our ****ty Canadian climate, but in California they don't have the same issue obviously.

Everyone talks mad **** about the solid crank pullies but i've never seen any catastrophic failures that can be attributed to the pulley 100%. People just post pictures of annihilated crankshafts, and I can't help thinking it was a bad shift or some user error, no? Same thing with the HKS cam gears, the internet is super scared of them but I never had any problems.

I have seen OEM pulleys fail plenty of times too.

Well I have HKS cam gears AND a T3 pulley... Haha! But my small port to big port adaptor "kinda" fit, but I found someone else around here that got the same thing and it didn't fit at all, so I know they aren't too good, so I'm surprised that everyone is running the ITB adaptors without problems.

New T3 stuff

I'm happy that they're trying to keep their parts relevant, but they can also try to be a little more respectful. I asked them through email if they would consider making adjustable 4 links for OEM bushings, and they laughed at me. They actually sent an email with a full line of "hahaha, that's the funniest thing we've ever heard".

I bought my manual rack bushing from them (because I had no choice at the time), but aside from that they can go to hell with a horse dick up their asses.

It's pretty simple to make the oem links adjustable diy in your own shop with hardware store supplies though.

The lcas look dope. Plus they will make them any length your want at the same price. I would be scared to put them on a car that will see any sort of aggressive tandems. Seeya frame rails.
    BCWORKS

Quote Originally Posted by Dugwillis View Post
    It's pretty simple to make the oem links adjustable diy in your own shop with hardware store supplies though.
    You are right. I needed my car as a daily so I couldn't have any downtime.

I've used almost all of T3's adjustable suspension stuff for ae86 and i've been overall disappointed with the quality. Ended up selling off all of it to go with better stuff. I think they had the right idea with the new LCA kit, but just looking at the pics you can already see some gaps in the design. As mentioned the ball joint angle is ****ed up, plus I'm sure they are extremely bulky, heavy and overbuilt, like all of T3's stuff.

Way overbuilt so the parts smash your sub frame before they break.
    Very very low end imperial hardware, I'm talking $8 heims (I spent $30 on each of mine on stainless Teflon lined when I built 4 links) and home depot bolts.
    It all fits and kinda works though, but I feel like there are better options.

RETIRED

Quote Originally Posted by Blade7 View Post
    so I'm surprised that everyone is running the ITB adaptors without problems.
    You're getting me worried! Im about a mmonth away from reassembly of this whole engine and i havent test fit these to see how they will mate to the head.
    Mine fit to the ITB's just fine and besides some extra love I plan on giving the insides of them to match them up to the gaskets, they look just fine.
    Their attempt to clean up their welds from the insides isnt all that great so I may end up filling some of the grinds and gaps and then smoothing everything out.
    Mat 83 GTS Hatch 87 GTSR5 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by KingSpence View Post
    If only I put the same amount of effort into my schooling as I do my car. Education is important, but racecar is importanter.
    Stuff I'm Selling
    IG Mattyballz86

Well this was the small port to large port adaptor, and it was oversized and not at all air tight, I haven't really seen the ITB one, but everyone seems to be running it.

Their ITB adapter kits are awesome. One of their nicest pieces.
    BCWORKS

So it's just their small port intakes, that's good to know...

Yeah im sunning a small port head with a small port ITB adapter. I havent seen the small port to large port adapter in the real life yet.
    Mat 83 GTS Hatch 87 GTSR5 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by KingSpence View Post
    If only I put the same amount of effort into my schooling as I do my car. Education is important, but racecar is importanter.
    Stuff I'm Selling
    IG Mattyballz86

Its love hate with t3
    I like some of the stuff, and have had excellent service myself.
    The camber plates being able to buy just the bearing block when they wear out, makes it cheaper to maintain.
    Velocity stacks annoy me, the slotted hole?! Don't under stand why they don't just make a st version, and a BT version?

The old front control arms were pretty flawed, so these are a big improvement. The ball joint angle does seem like an issue to me. Don't hit a curb while under steering and the overbuilt subframe bashing won't be a problem.

I will be getting a bunch of stuff for my blue mango, but the Canadian dollar is so weak I'll be waiting a bit.