Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LS400 or MX73? haha

is a r32... oops

Current height

That would look good if it was clean. I like how it doesn't have dumbdumb camber.

I need another one of these.
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

Dude, good work.

RETIRED

^^Thanks all!

Finally recharged my a/c

Went to get some exhaust work done. Carnage underneath isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Got some cracks welded and they added some skid plates, and removed my center cat but that created a huge buzz in the cabin so I'm putting it back. Minute muffler on 32nd. Good guys

Lift Thursday

Looks Dope. Looks Clean. Nice Luxocruiser.
    A+
    Mat 83 GTS Hatch 87 GTSR5 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by KingSpence View Post
    If only I put the same amount of effort into my schooling as I do my car. Education is important, but racecar is importanter.
    Stuff I'm Selling
    IG Mattyballz86

Been working on the hoods super cracked clearcoat... not sure if this was defective paint from factory or if someone did something to cause this.

Bought a PA polisher, some good wool and foam polisher discs and some meguiars medium cut and some meguiars 86 SOLO cut/polish

Hard to see, bad pics, but on the left is what I got it to last night and the right has way more to go but shows how bad it is. I've got over 4 hours into the hood alone. Cutting and more cutting. Scratches are deep, hopefully it's just the clear. Only like this on the hood.. rest of car's clear coat is fine.

This is all straight cut stage, no polishing or wax yet

Sent from my OnePlus One
    Last edited by Special K; 10-02-2015 at 02:10 PM.

Nice job man, but why did they only make LS400 in automatic? Is Lexus or toyota afraid that people are going to have fun in their luxury car?

It's a market segment thing. People who buy these cars new are not interested in driving their cars that way. They look for low NVH, effortless power and snuggley bits to make the drive luxurious.

There's a cressida commercial where the owner sits in the back and is driven by his chauffeur.

Quote Originally Posted by GTyeS! View Post
    Nice job man, but why did they only make LS400 in automatic? Is Lexus or toyota afraid that people are going to have fun in their luxury car?
    Drive an LS400, they have an auto transmission that puts modern cars to shame. Never clunks or chooses the wrong gear like a domestic auto tranny.

My LS400 had bad clearcoat problems. We detailed the car it looked amazing, until next morning you could see all the cracks reappearing.

You can check if it is just the clear coat. If you put water on it and the 'cracks' go away, then you could spray a coat of clear on it after prepping the hood. At least that way, you have more material to cut before you hit base. Once you hit base, no amount of added clear will cover it. You would have to re-finish it completely.
    Bryan
    DK Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Old 'Rollas View Post
    You can check if it is just the clear coat. If you put water on it and the 'cracks' go away, then you could spray a coat of clear on it after prepping the hood. At least that way, you have more material to cut before you hit base. Once you hit base, no amount of added clear will cover it. You would have to re-finish it completely.
    I was wondering about that. The cracks do go away with water. So far I've done 6 passes with the medium cut and the cracks are staring to get better... I think. So far my cutting pad has no colour to it so I think its still cutting the clear and not to the base yet.

Should someone attempt to spray clear with no spraying experience? I'm assuming prep would be stages of wet sanding?

Quote Originally Posted by Dugwillis View Post
    My LS400 had bad clearcoat problems. We detailed the car it looked amazing, until next morning you could see all the cracks reappearing.
    So you think it was a paint defect from the factory? Was it the whole car or just a part of it?

Cressidas are girl repellant.

7m's are reliability repellant.

I drive a GS, my cressida has never been a daily. And it's decent.
    - Bill
    Current: UZS160 GS430 - JZS160 GS300 - U-Body Uplander LS - R53 6MT Mini Cooper SC
    Former: 4AGE 4WD 5MT AE95 sedan - N/A 5MT FC3S - KLZE 5MT BG Protege - VVT-i 1JZ 5MT X8 Cressida

Christmas came early

Serial Nine FUCA and RCA, Black Friday sale. Kevin's a great guy, gave me another 10% off because the powder coat was slightly scuffed on one of the arms.

Now the question is, do I wait till summer to install? I'll be using the ls as an occasional daily with winter tires when I'm doing stuff on the 4runner.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Special K; 12-11-2015 at 11:35 AM.

Guess I should update this

Installed s9 stuff

Went for a test drive and the drivers side uca came off because I only had it on with 3 threads. Limped it home thus continuing the midnight car adventures saga.

Got it back together and got an alignment from Hank at precision in the ne. He's one of the few shops that do low alignments

Current height

Drove it for a couple weeks and then it chewed through the drivers side fender harness... now I'm rewiring and tucking. The saga continues

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Special K; 03-14-2016 at 01:23 PM.

Yaaaaaassss
    '80 MX32 sedan |'83 AE71 wagon |'84 AE86 hatch
    '85 AE86 coupe |'86 AE86 hatch |'86 AE86 coupe
    '88 MR2 S/C |'86 S12 hatch |'88 Silvia K's
    '91 Z30 Soarer '92 JZS147 Aristo |'92 S13 coupe
    '93 R33 Skyline |'98 S14 kouki

Quote Originally Posted by JungleMatic View Post
    Is dyno like 200 for the hp if mustang shifts but 300 if corolla shifts?

So this was the result after my first test drive after installing the fucas. Fuca came off (let me know if these insta vids work or not)

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t5...50061688_n.mp4

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t5...18866852_n.mp4

Only had a few threads engaging and the whole thing disconnected. Drove it home from downtown. Powder coat destroyed. I don't know why the vip scene wants their parts shinny lol
    https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t5...55524321_n.mp4

the test drive after I got the fuca on with 5 threads and impact gun... when suddenly freezing rain appears
    https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t5...69246918_n.mp4
    Last edited by Special K; 03-15-2016 at 10:26 AM.

Oh man, I considered an LS400 but having to put high octane in a gas guzzling V8 would get old quick.

I'd add some caltrop dispensers, oil slick squirters, plate flippers, radar detector and police scanner, and an R154 swap, the ultimate sleeper lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mdnght Lvr View Post
    Oh man, I considered an LS400 but having to put high octane in a gas guzzling V8 would get old quick.

I'd add some caltrop dispensers, oil slick squirters, plate flippers, radar detector and police scanner, and an R154 swap, the ultimate sleeper lol.
    lol, like a 1960's bond car

5spd would be sweet for burnouts/drifts but I must be getting old because I'll be sticking with auto here. It's actually one of the best auto's I've driven. shifts very smooth but drops hard when you floor it.

the Ls gets slightly worse mpg than my 4runner with the 3.4 so I'm actually not complaining. I use premium because you feel the difference in power but I could run regular without issues. I can't find anything that says a ucf10 needs to run premium.