Thread: Wiring Questions - A/F Ratio Gauge/Oil Pressure Sender

Wiring Questions - A/F Ratio Gauge/Oil Pressure Sender

Hey DK,

Just looking at some opinions on where you have taken the 12v+ source to power an aftermarket gauge. I'm going to install an A/F ratio meter and would like to know which wire would provide switched ignition on. Also - does anyone know via the engine harness which wire color the Oil Pressure sender connects to? I'm tracing my loom to find this wire. Thanks for the help.

Cheers,
    Ray
    AE86 | Tacoma X-Runner
    4AGE 20V | 1GR-FE

I pull 12V from the ign on key wire, with a relay for my boost and A/f gauges with a inline fuse before each. I am not sure this is the best way but it is easy and close to where I mounted my gauges. The stock oil wire should be easy to find out just look for the circle disk thing on the front right of your engine. Off the top of my head I though it was white with stripes????

- Also I'd worry more about oil temp then pressure IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by woodenturn View Post
    DK should ban such nonsense. 2 cents~ sr86 www.dorikaze.net/showthread.php?32933-Elizabeth

The wire is black with a yellow stripe. It goes to the plug on the middle of the firewall and into the driver side.

Andrew
    1984 SR-5 (GT-S converted)
    1995 4x4 Tacoma
    Incomplete list of truck mods at
    http://www.parksoffroad.com/Our%20Ri...cab%20taco.htm

I took power from my cigaret lighter, because that's where I ended up putting the gauges anyways.

The cigarette lighter on my car always has power. I don't know when they stopped making them like that, but it's worth checking first.

I'm thinking of adding a relay to the switched ignition to have it turn off when the car's not running.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewzuku View Post
    The cigarette lighter on my car always has power. I don't know when they stopped making them like that, but it's worth checking first.

I'm thinking of adding a relay to the switched ignition to have it turn off when the car's not running.
    That's what I did for my voltmeter