Thread: Megasquirt II 3.0V Board On 4AGE 16V AE86 Help

Megasquirt II 3.0V Board On 4AGE 16V AE86 Help

So I bought a megasquirt 2 with 3.0v board and its mostly complete. It came with the lcd kit, ignition driver board and some other board that supports dual inputs for ignition etc.

The inputs were tested and working so I just soldered the output transistors etc since the guy didn't. Is there anyone here that has a ms2 installed on the stock 4age and willing to share the pinouts and pics of the board? I also need to make a harness adapter to the stock ecu female.

I am willing to come in person and see your setup in local toronto area. Im just beginning on this standalone ecu stuff and would like to learn to tune it once I get the wiring sorted out. The ms site is so confusing also so anyone thats willing to share links on what I need to read, please post them.

I want to get the stock motor setup to run good before I go ITB setup and coil packs later. For now I just want to delete the maf and use the onboard map sensor while not touching the harness.
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 3" turboback Stage 2 Daily
    1985 Corolla GTS Beater drifter with trd 2 way lsd etc
    1987 Corolla GTS in storage
    Follow my Instagram @tincanturbo for random car stuff

The MS is a great ECU and you will love it once you get it setup... But if you think you are not going to have much luck MS without being comfortable with the MS manual. I recommend that you get the Toyota engine wiring diagram out and read the MS manual, it is in PDF now and fantastic (searchable and can pull it up on my cell phone without internet access).

The hardware manual is your start. http://www.msextra.com/manuals/ms2manuals/

Hint page 14 has the basic wiring diagram.

Quote Originally Posted by briansexsmith View Post
    The MS is a great ECU and you will love it once you get it setup... But if you think you are not going to have much luck MS without being comfortable with the MS manual. I recommend that you get the Toyota engine wiring diagram out and read the MS manual, it is in PDF now and fantastic (searchable and can pull it up on my cell phone without internet access).

The hardware manual is your start. http://www.msextra.com/manuals/ms2manuals/

Hint page 14 has the basic wiring diagram.
    I got the manual already and started to read it last night till 2am in the morning! I will read more tonight or after I get the missing parts and the simulator board. Im gonna dig out one of my spare bluetop ecu, salvage the female connector and start marking the harness since its pretty straight forward. Only things that confuses me the most is the ignition setup because i read theres all sorts for pickups, dual drivers etc which i still dont fully get yet.

Do you know what type the 4age 16v ignition system is called? also I see theres a resistor for the injectors, do i have to delete that or leave it in?
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 3" turboback Stage 2 Daily
    1985 Corolla GTS Beater drifter with trd 2 way lsd etc
    1987 Corolla GTS in storage
    Follow my Instagram @tincanturbo for random car stuff

Good stuff, now you are asking specific questions

You would have a VR sensor with a basic 4 tooth trigger of the "NE" wheel http://club4ag.com/forums/viewtopic....14755&start=30

-best to keep the Toyota resistor and this will make them "high impedance" so you don't need to worry about PWM (pulse width modulation)

when you're pulling the female connector I recommend a heat gun and care. that's a lot of pins to desolder. alternatively you may be able to heat each pin and blast the solder out with a can of compressed air or air compressor.

or you could just cut it off.

Quote Originally Posted by 4age-ftw View Post

Do you know what type the 4age 16v ignition system is called? also I see theres a resistor for the injectors, do i have to delete that or leave it in?
    Toyota's ignition on a 4age is called "VAST." Leave the resistor in there.

Or you could have said "sorry, my kidnap victims keep kicking my elbow, it made me drop my crack pipe and swerve"

-bangnscrape

visean is offline Yo, troubled night in the John
    take a look at the diypnp page for the 4age toyota corolla. You will be able to build your jumper harness there.