Thread: Should I do it?

Should I do it?

Hey guys just want some opinions on this. I potentially worked out a trade deal for this car http://www.usedvictoria.com/classifi...inter_25465668 I would be trading my bike http://www.usedvictoria.com/classifi...RADE-_25230778
    I have seen this car run/drive in person already and can vouch for the build quality and awesomeness.

it's got a bunch of MGB parts on it.

It's basically garbage now.
    1987 Corolla GTS Hatch | 1985 Corolla GTS Coupe | 1987 Corolla GTS Coupe | 1992 Tercel CE | 1992 Paseo | 2003 Corolla CE | 1974 Corolla 4 Door | 1978 Corolla Coupe | 1979 Corolla Hatch SR5 | <3||||||1990 Miata |||||| <3
    I like Toyota's wanna fight about it?

6 friggin grand for that? It has one of the lamest 70's ford engines of all time, that probably makes less hp and weighs more than 4AG. What is going on with that trans tunnel fab?

6K and it's not even finished.

I dunno, no offense but your 90's sportbike is overpriced as well, so maybe it is a worthy trade.

Seems like you're about to take over someone's nightmare.

Car is junk, it's ruined. They used the whole drive train from a Ford Capri (not mercury Capri) and ruined two good cars.

SpeedHero

Spirit of the Street, King of Sport

No you should not.

That MG suspension is a 1930's design. Seriously. Lever shocks. MG/Girling brakes are sh*t. Working on English cars sucks if you're used to Toyotas... It's all nuts and bolts like a Meccano set. There is nothing fun about working on MGs unless you are English and old and still keep your accent. Those SUs will have leaking throttle shafts unless they were done... so it'll be untunable. Some very weird thinking went into that. I do like the engine placement... technically mid-engined, it looks. That steering column looks like suicide.

It's weird, I briefly thought of doing just this with a '69 non sprinter 2-door -- and Lotus Elan chassis I have... Same deal with moving the engine into the cabin... 4AGE...
    Last edited by b-rock; 07-08-2015 at 10:09 PM.
    $28 Bronze T50 shifter bushings HERE

Run Derrick!
    BCWORKS

I feel this needs to be seen/heard driving to be appreciated but you are all VERY right haha. Just wanted to see what Toyota people thought of it. No offence taken Dugwillis yes my bike is overpriced because I don't really want to sell for money(rather trade) lol, had it valued at around 4000 (give or take) for the condition it's in by several bike shops/bike guru's. I hadn't actually planned on going through with it but now it's just a definitive NO haha

Quote Originally Posted by Squirellytoyota View Post
    I feel this needs to be seen/heard driving to be appreciated but you are all VERY right haha. Just wanted to see what Toyota people thought of it. No offence taken Dugwillis yes my bike is overpriced because I don't really want to sell for money(rather trade) lol, had it valued at around 4000 (give or take) for the condition it's in by several bike shops/bike guru's. I hadn't actually planned on going through with it but now it's just a definitive NO haha
    I probably have enough stuff to unfrankenstein it if you can get if for $500

1970 KE17 Project
    1969 KE10 Slider

Is it 6k if he puts it back to stock maybe? As is it makes me sad. Poor car looked pretty decent.
    81,84,87, 88 toyota cressida, 84 bj60, 85 bj60, 86 hj60soa, 71 datsun 521 pickup

Oh man why MG suspension, and why of all engines would they choose a 2.8?!?

Thanks for the input guys I'd would definitely trade of it was stock. He did have a method to his madness and it did make sense believe it or not haha, still very odd for sure though. My buddy Jacob went for a ride in it and said it was nuts but either way it's a super NOPE. I wanted to buy a Hayabusa next year so I wanted to trade my bike for something cool this summer was the plan. Hasn't worked out so far.....
    Last edited by Squirellytoyota; 07-08-2015 at 11:27 PM.

Look at it objectively. If you had to sell it the day after you bought it, who would buy it, and for how much?

That's how I came to no....really is to bad it's MGB stuff, if it were something better than the stock Toyota stuff then yes

You should offer to buy the shell and maybe the t5/adapter for way cheaper. I always thought about doing a euro ztec with a t5 in a rwd rolla.

Quote Originally Posted by woodenturn View Post
    DK should ban such nonsense. 2 cents~ sr86 www.dorikaze.net/showthread.php?32933-Elizabeth

I tried making a cash offer for 2000 which is insane and still wouldn't take it. O wells....