Thread: Wtb 1jzgte

Wtb 1jzgte

As the title states, looking for a 1JZGTE. Manual, auto, doesn't matter just browsing my options atm. Couple popped up on eBay, but if I can purchase local I would prefer.

Lemme know what ya got, or where you got it from!

Awesome! That motors so clean compared to most the ones off ebay. Thanks for the heads up!

No problem. IDK why but the 2jz are about $700-800 cheaper ?

If you don't mind an auto it might be an idea to get the newer single turbo VVTi 1JZ. http://goo.gl/fgM0sk

Because 5-speed Dug
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

Tokyo motor import company is known as a bad deal. They charge extra for things like ecu and harness and then ship the engines without them. Just google all the bad reviews. JDMsource is the complete opposite, just nothing but good reviews afaik.

Call me shallow, but it's the looks of 1JZ that I'm in love with. The torque/power is around where I want, the short stroke is a plus, and the mod support is great, but god damn I love me the sight of that valve cover. I'm looking into JDM Source, there's a few import shops on eBay I need to read up on. I'm wondering what will need to be done to run the automatic ECU with a swapped W58 on the end? Not sure if the 1JZ ecu requires transmission inputs... And if it'll plug into my cressida dash okay.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1jzgte.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	471.6 KB 
ID:	14536
    Last edited by cityslicker; 08-31-2015 at 04:59 PM.

I run a '93 sc400 auto ecu on my 1uz+w58. the older stuff can simply be told that the tranny is in neutral and you get full power. the transmission light will flash because you dont have any solenoids hooked up, but who the **** would hook up the transmission light either?

I've heard rumors about the later model PCMS, so I would do more research about your specific year/engine combo.

a) Yes that is super shallow.
    b) No, the ECU does not need tranny inputs to run the engine.
    c) No, it will not "plug in" to anything, but tapping the harness outputs for water temp, RPM, and oil pressure is not an issue.
    d) For the price of putting together all the parts to bolt up to the W58 you are probably better off buying the swap with R154 attached like in Dug's link and get a much stronger trans.
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

I have one with a slight rod knock, 600$ for all my 1j related stuff.

engine
    2x twin turbos
    ecu
    harness
    bunch of intake/exhaust stuff
    coilpacks, injectors, etc.

In Toyota, we rust.

Quote Originally Posted by clay72 View Post
    d) For the price of putting together all the parts to bolt up to the W58 you are probably better off buying the swap with R154 attached like in Dug's link and get a much stronger trans.
    Awesome, you have a good point on the R154. Although what'll be needed really only adds up to the 1JZ to w58 bellhouse, flywheel, and bolts. clutch is still new. Is the R154 THAT much stronger than the w58? In my application I don't plan on pushing more than 350ft/lb. This IS my first engine swap, so all this information is super helpful.

@J-Min, I really appreciate the offer, but I'm looking for a healthy motor I don't have to worry about tearing into and swapping in, just to pull it out again. Do you have any speed parts for the 1JZ though? I know I'll need a stock twin-turbo downpipe to fit up w/ my cressida exhaust.