Thread: 4age is misfiring and stalling when cold. Can't figure it out.

4age is misfiring and stalling when cold. Can't figure it out.

so I have a recently gts swapped sr5 and my engine does not run as happy as I would like. When I start the car it fires up after a couple cranks,
    revs up to 2k rpm, and then spudders and misfires and drops idle until it stalls out. If I keep my foot on the accelerator it stays alive, but only
    until it reaches operating temp and then it idles like normal but still has a slight misfire. It not huge but it is definitely missing.

I Figured it was the cold start injector not working so I swapped it for one I know works and it didn't change anything. It ran good for 5 seconds
    then started doing the same stalling and missing. I haven't changed the cold start injector yet but that's my next thing.

Anyone have this problem? Im thinking if its not a sensor problem it might be timing or maybe my coil or igniter are on their way out.
    The engine was basically put together with boxes of random spare parts.

The next things im going to try are tps, cold start, coil, and timing.

the engine has good grounds, brand new AFM, new fuel pump/filter, plugs/wires/cap/rotor new, harness was clean when I installed it, nothing out
    of the ordinary, IACV on the throttle body has been removed and blocked off (I regret doing that).

Anyone have an idea of what I should do? My car is loud and holding my revs at 2k at 7am is not ideal...

Coolant temp sensor fixed a similar issue on my old 4AGE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ---------------------------------
    End.

Have you checked your timing?
    85 Toyota Corolla AE86 GTS Coupe
    98 Toyota 4Runner Limited

did you wire a check engine light, and is it on?

got the car fixed, turns out my coil/igniter was on its way out swapped that, an afm, and a new distributor and now the car runs mint.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamPeltier View Post
    got the car fixed, turns out my coil/igniter was on its way out swapped that, an afm, and a new distributor and now the car runs mint.
    Bump. Spoke to soon, car is still doing it. Havent had a chance to check my coolant temp sensor but my next attempt was ecu and that didn't help either. Change the tps for a much better one but still no change, had to adjust my throttle screw to get the car to stop hesitating on throttle, not sure if that's normal or not..

Replace everything?

Or you could have said "sorry, my kidnap victims keep kicking my elbow, it made me drop my crack pipe and swerve"

-bangnscrape