Thread: Hello from NC

Hello from NC

Hey everyone, I just wanted to post up a few pics of my progress thus far and say hello. I am here to learn more about this chassis, looking into suspension setups and different options for springs and shocks now than just the normal avenues. I also have a high comp 4AG AE101 block 16V with ITB setup in the works, even though I am an auto technician I am fairly new to all of the things the AE86 chassis has to offer. Hoping to read and learn a lot. And now onto the pics:

This is what the 1986 GTS looked like when I got it. No engine/tranny/driveshaft and a worn out MK1 Celica-Supra rear axle held in random bolts and with 4x4's instead of springs:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	what4ever.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	14607

Name:	whatehehte.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	14608

To a year and half later of Sundays working on her with a friend, a lot of parts sourcing, and she is running and driving. Still a long way to go...:

Name:	ae8ffff6.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	14609

Name:	dgfjksahdgkljsafg.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	14610

Dont let anyone tell you those rims arent cool. Even if they actually are not, I still think they are!
    Welcome aboard. Looks like you got a pretty decent shell to start with! So jealous of you guys down south, I would trade a cracked dash for a mint shell in a hearbeat. lol
    Mat 83 GTS Hatch 87 GTSR5 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by KingSpence View Post
    If only I put the same amount of effort into my schooling as I do my car. Education is important, but racecar is importanter.
    Stuff I'm Selling
    IG Mattyballz86

Quote Originally Posted by projectae86 View Post
    Dont let anyone tell you those rims arent cool. Even if they actually are not, I still think they are!
    Welcome aboard. Looks like you got a pretty decent shell to start with! So jealous of you guys down south, I would trade a cracked dash for a mint shell in a hearbeat. lol
    Yeah got lucky to find this shell pretty much rust free, and it sat for 14 years as a parts car! The rims came from an old 1977 Datsun 280Z, they are 15x9's and I cannot for the life of me find any info about them online, so they must be pretty rare! They are so ugly they are cool I think.
    1986 Toyota Corolla GT-S

They look like American Racing's if you ask me.
    '80 MX32 sedan |'83 AE71 wagon |'84 AE86 hatch
    '85 AE86 coupe |'86 AE86 hatch |'86 AE86 coupe
    '88 MR2 S/C |'86 S12 hatch |'88 Silvia K's
    '91 Z30 Soarer '92 JZS147 Aristo |'92 S13 coupe
    '93 R33 Skyline |'98 S14 kouki

Quote Originally Posted by JungleMatic View Post
    Is dyno like 200 for the hp if mustang shifts but 300 if corolla shifts?

so much rake!!!! but last pics is pretty awesome

also welcome, and interested in the engine. Have plans for 16v ITB myself.