Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Wolf Steel Restorations Group Buy (Feeler)

Wolf Steel Restorations Group Buy (Feeler)

See the new thread for here http://www.dorikaze.net/showthread.p...AE86-Panels-GB if you're interested in buying.

Hey All!

So I started talking with Robin from Wolf Steel about the ae86 panels they offer and to see what else they could potentially offer for our little Econo box.

The only item they offer that isn’t on the site is rocker panels. I’ll see if I can get him to email me a picture and pricing for them to add to this post.

I found these guys a few years ago and did some hunting around. Seems they had a bad street rep with some bad fitting parts and poor communication/customer
    service. Turns our Robin bought the company a little over a year ago from the original owner, who was retired and was doing this as a hobby. He had little to no
    interest in customer service or standing behind the panels he sold.

It’s a different story with Robin. Robin stands behind his products and offers a wide range of options if the panel turns out to be something other than expected.
    He does returns as well as exchanging new panels for ones that don’t fit well (more on this later)

When I emailed Robin a week ago about trying to gauge interest on Dori-Kaze, and potentially starting a “group buy” he replied a day later “very interested” and
    the next day called me. We spoke a bit about his back ground and the overall history of the company.

They are a small shop and do all their work BY HAND. He told me about how every panel they make is cut to shape and bent and molded by hand and English
    wheel and so on. This is a slower process and so if we were to get people interested it wouldn’t/couldn’t be a situation where he just stops all his other orders
    and punch out 40 fenders for us. I think we would have to work out all orders to general areas, have them made for the group in and around Edmonton,
    Vancouver, and Toronto… and so on.

So, about the fitment issues, as I mentioned before all the panels are made BY HAND and so everyone will be a hair different than the next and yeah your body
    guy cutting your car apart will have to cut a bit or shave a bit or add a bit. So know this going in. That being said, he will work with us on any panels that are
    way out to lunch on fitment or have any flaws.

He has lots of templates that they use to match and measure everything and is looking to add to the areas we need. So if you have an area you would like to
    replace he can most likely get it done for you, but would need a part to base it off of first. With all their panels being made by hand they are limited to what
    they can do, some parts just have way too many lines and they can’t be replicated (for a reasonable price) without a stamping machine. So sadly the tail light
    panel is not available. He is very interested in looking at starting front fender for our cars though. So I’m going to most likely mail him a set or see what other
    options there are for him to find a set closer to them.

Basically this is a feeler. See what people are looking for see what people have to offer for ideas of parts they want and if they have rusty versions we could
    send in to have him make a template for new ones (roof, sunroof, floor panels, trunk panels, ect.).

They offer a wide range of other Toyota parts for the land cruisers and older pick-ups and the mr2 AW11, first gen Celicas and also 4runners.

Take a peek on the site. lemme know whats on your mind. Just hoping we can get some numbers on interested bodys and see what kind of pricing we can get back in return.

http://alfaparts.net/toyota.htm

Members interested in

Front Fenders:
    Gary
    Jewbaka421 (drivers side)
    Brandon G
    Bmx269
    Matt604
    Prodah-G
    Trigger Happy
    Jover (arches)
    LastLatvian
    Drifting86

Rockers: White_cross paid around $65, but that was for Celica rockers. Waiting to get a quoted price
    AndrewE (maybe)
    Blade
    Cerealmaniac
    Kushypurp
    Monkeywrench
    Projectae86
    Jeff Lange
    Trigger Happy
    Shalbot
    xherrox
    Green Bastard
    Monkey
    Jashg
    Drifting86

Rear Quarters: Current site pricing $300
    Gary
    AndrewE
    Toyo
    Kushypurp
    Monkeywrench
    Projectae86
    Jeff Lange
    Trigger Happy
    Shalbot
    AE86_RA
    Jewbaka421 (drivers side)
    LastLatvian (drivers side)
    Jashg
    Drifting86

Rear Quarter - front section only: Current site pricing $75
    Christangojuice
    Blade7
    Jewbaka421 (passenger side)
    4Aaron GE
    Rotundus
    Green Bastard
    LastLatvian
    Drifting86

Rear Quarter - rear section only (under bumper pocket)
    Rotundus
    Projectae86
    Jeff Lange
    Drifting86

AW11 Panels:
    El31toine
    Last edited by projectae86; 03-15-2016 at 08:06 PM. Reason: updated list
    Mat 83 GTS Hatch 87 GTSR5 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by KingSpence View Post
    If only I put the same amount of effort into my schooling as I do my car. Education is important, but racecar is importanter.
    Stuff I'm Selling
    IG Mattyballz86

Will be interested! rear 1/4 sections and front fenders mostly. keep us up to date if there is a group buy.

Gary

+1 for rear sections, from rocker tail to the rear pocket, might be interested complete rockers also.
    Last edited by AndrewE; 12-19-2015 at 03:43 PM.

I also talked with Robin a wile back. Very nice guy on the phone! I ordered a set of rockers for my 1st gen Celica from them and they are really nicely made.

I'm definitely in to buy some stuff. Especially new front fenders

I would definitely be interested in some front fenders once I get my financial situation together.
    '80 MX32 sedan |'83 AE71 wagon |'84 AE86 hatch
    '85 AE86 coupe |'86 AE86 hatch |'86 AE86 coupe
    '88 MR2 S/C |'86 S12 hatch |'88 Silvia K's
    '91 Z30 Soarer '92 JZS147 Aristo |'92 S13 coupe
    '93 R33 Skyline |'98 S14 kouki

Quote Originally Posted by JungleMatic View Post
    Is dyno like 200 for the hp if mustang shifts but 300 if corolla shifts?

Where are these shipping from again?

I think from Qubec or Ontario. I can't remember for sure. This is the web site: http://alfaparts.net/

Here are the rockers I ordered from them:

definitely need a set of rear 1/4's for hatch, count me in for a group buy

I could really use some rockers, I'm in!

I'm in for a rear quarter front section!

Just as a note. Robin said they can make parts from rusty panels too. Some pretty rusty ones at that as long as the key elements are there they can work with it. So if you guys need something not offered send them your rusty parts. Make sure you connect with Robin first to let him know what you want. As an example they said they could build me a new floor from this one:

front fenders are becoming a more desired part than anything on the west coast. curious as to how much they would cost
    "I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better and continue to do so."

I would want a set of fenders as well.
    | www.CellBlockD.org - Vancouver Area Drift Events | www.driftsafari.com |

How many of us are in Ontario? I'd be down for the some rockers.

Im in for a pair of front fenders

I would be interested in some panels for my aw11

Sorry for the late replay. It was the weekend, and im a Monday - Friday DK guy haha.

Everything ships from Quebec

White_Cross is right, they can make some almost everything as long as we get them a template. Im going to get him some fenders as I have a near mint set I wont need from my coupe.

White_Cross what did you pay for those rockers? I will make a quick list in the original post with standard pricing and after we figure out whos in for what we will see if he can shave a few bucks off.

As far as front fenders go, I think they would take quite some time to make (for the first set) so I'll call him this week if they are around and see if he wants me to ship him my set and see how long he could turn around some templates.
    Mat 83 GTS Hatch 87 GTSR5 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by KingSpence View Post
    If only I put the same amount of effort into my schooling as I do my car. Education is important, but racecar is importanter.
    Stuff I'm Selling
    IG Mattyballz86

+1 front fenders..

rockers/arches would be cool
    Last edited by cerealmaniac; 12-21-2015 at 12:09 PM.
    1989 MX83 - Sold
    1985 AE86 Coupe - Sold
    1985 MX73 - Sold
    1984 AE86 Hatch - Project Car