Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Wolf Steel Restorations Group Buy (Feeler)

I do not. Dang it!
    Bryan
    DK Moderator

I'd be interested in a front quarter section patch panel. Also any word on how much fenders would be? I know tpd has them for around $190 or so.

Endofaspark- Are you looking for the patch panel for the rears? or one for the fronts?

List updated. Calling them again today, hopefully get some of this stuff in motion.
    Mat 83 GTS Hatch 87 GTSR5 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by KingSpence View Post
    If only I put the same amount of effort into my schooling as I do my car. Education is important, but racecar is importanter.
    Stuff I'm Selling
    IG Mattyballz86

Sorry patch panel for the rear

UPDATE!!

So, I finally got a hold of Robin. He was on vacation and his staff doesn’t really deal with “group buys”

So here is where we sit.

Front Fenders - Robin can make us some arches and the bottom quarter section that mounts under the car. Or he could potentially make a skin that would do the whole front but not one that is 100% bolt on so either way you would need to cut and weld. I think the fist option of arches and bottom quarter section is smarter. Please let me know if this interests you at all or if you want your name removed from the list.

Rockers - The ones you see in the picture were a one off he thinks. He can make them for us from rivet seam to rivet seam but we will have to get him some measurements on how long they need to be. The one in the picture was made by replicating the rear quarter panel front sections lower body lines and running the estimated length the buyer needed (was this you white-cross??) I have a section cut out of a car I will send him that he will use to make sure the body lines are exactly what the oem is and not match to the rear section. Maybe they are identical. He will looks and go from there.

Rear Quarter Panels – he can make these whenever and ship about four per box for almost the same price as one per box. This will save on shipping if we set up a few central receivers in BC AB MB and so on.
    Also he could make us just the arch. The cost of them will still be about 50-70% of the whole quarter panel because this is the section they spend all the time on. But shipping would drop down drastically.

Rear Pockets – Ready when you are.

Aw11 Panels, what are you looking for on the site? He is starting on front fender sections as we speak.

Also (part 1), If anyone has floor pans from the front foot wells and the rear foot wells it would be great to get some of those made. As white-cross pointed out they just need the basic shape to get them made.

Also (part 2) If anyone has front fenders for him to look at to make arches and bottom quarter sections and you’re in Ontario or Quebec, maybe you can send them to him. Me shipping two full sized panels from Edmonton does not make much sense. He wont damage them so don’t worry about that. But if they are beat up, cut the arch off and the lower section and send em for way cheaper. Anyone that can help with this will be taken care of since we would be helping them build their catalog of parts for sale.

Lastly, he will be updating his site into US Dollars. He will hold pricing for us and most likely give us a break once we get some solid numbers on who has cash and is ready to start this thing.

If anyone wants to get a hold of me just send me a PM with your number and I will call you back as soon as I can. Or just respond in this thread.

Sorry for the huge post. Let me know if I missed anything!

Matt
    Last edited by projectae86; 03-07-2016 at 05:04 PM. Reason: I'm still learning to spell I guess….
    If only I put the same amount of effort into my schooling as I do my car. Education is important, but racecar is importanter.
    Stuff I'm Selling
    IG Mattyballz86

Can you ask him how much it would cost for a bulk order to Japan for quarters? Like 2-3 boxes of 4 for each side? Just a numbers estimate at this point.

My mechanic wants to know. He IS interested in getting a set first, though.
    Last edited by 4Aaron GE; 03-08-2016 at 12:52 AM.

Japan needs corolla parts from Canada?

Funny how that works, huh?

I didn’t plan on contacting Robin again this week Aaron, I was going to wait and see how many people wanted to get some orders in. Also, do we want to send money to me? And I deal with Robin and trying to squeeze some savings out of him? Or do we just want to pay him directly? Less squeezing power I think lol.
    Let’s see what the group wants to do for payments and orders. Robin agrees we should try to keep one address for shipping per province. It will save us on shipping in the long run. I don’t mind being the Alberta guy, I can deliver down to Calgary and area whenever or we can work out other options.

Let me know what you guys want to do.
    Stuff I'm Selling
    IG Mattyballz86

I will stick with what I have so far. And I guess I will take whatever I can get for the front fender. A complete one would be sweet but if he can only make pieces I will take whatever pieces he can make.

Oh ya. Do the complete rear quarters come with the lower corner piece also? If not I will need the corner pocket for driver side as well

Shoot I forgot to mention that he wont need a full payment up front. he was thinking like 25-50% depending on the item. He had an mr2 group from the UK order 15 right and 15 left quater panels and then never actually order them. So he sat on them for two years.
    Stuff I'm Selling
    IG Mattyballz86

Quote Originally Posted by jewbaka421 View Post
    I will stick with what I have so far. And I guess I will take whatever I can get for the front fender. A complete one would be sweet but if he can only make pieces I will take whatever pieces he can make.

Oh ya. Do the complete rear quarters come with the lower corner piece also? If not I will need the corner pocket for driver side as well
    I might have a guy that can supply full fenders and im looking into it. I will let you guys know what I find
    As for the rear quarter section, they do not. You will need to order the pocket seperatly.
    Stuff I'm Selling
    IG Mattyballz86

Ok. Put me down for both rear corner pieces then. I thought the full quarters had that piece attached

This pocket section I keep hearing about, is that the part behind the rear wheel into the trunk area where the arch ends?

If it is what I think it is I would be interested in aw11 ones as I found bondo in mine (even though well done, I want real steel and no bondo).

I'm down with sending the money through you first. Buddy isn't in any hurry at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by projectae86 View Post
    I didn’t plan on contacting Robin again this week Aaron, I was going to wait and see how many people wanted to get some orders in. Also, do we want to send money to me? And I deal with Robin and trying to squeeze some savings out of him? Or do we just want to pay him directly? Less squeezing power I think lol.
    Let’s see what the group wants to do for payments and orders. Robin agrees we should try to keep one address for shipping per province. It will save us on shipping in the long run. I don’t mind being the Alberta guy, I can deliver down to Calgary and area whenever or we can work out other options.

Let me know what you guys want to do.

dbl post.

How gangster would it be if someone sent a widebody front fender to be replicated
    I hate Corollas but I don't think I can do better with anything else

any idea what the projected time line is for the rocker panels for purchase? How do u guys feel about email transfers for payments?

bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Happy View Post
    How gangster would it be if someone sent a widebody front fender to be replicated
    I've got a couple of pairs in my closet. Someone want to pay for shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by 4Aaron GE View Post
    I've got a couple of pairs in my closet. Someone want to pay for shipping?
    How big is your closet that you can just stash a few pairs of fenders in it lol
    '80 MX32 sedan |'83 AE71 wagon |'84 AE86 hatch
    '85 AE86 coupe |'86 AE86 hatch |'86 AE86 coupe
    '88 MR2 S/C |'86 S12 hatch |'88 Silvia K's
    '91 Z30 Soarer '92 JZS147 Aristo |'92 S13 coupe
    '93 R33 Skyline |'98 S14 kouki

Quote Originally Posted by JungleMatic View Post
    Is dyno like 200 for the hp if mustang shifts but 300 if corolla shifts?