Thread: Oil cooler hoses

Oil cooler hoses

So before I install my new engine I want to get some new oil cooler hoses. Mine have split at the ends a few times now and I trimmed them a bit to keep them working for now. So I'm wondering where I can get new ones for a decent price or if there is an alternative type of hose I can use. I had bought some hose from lordco that they said would work but my cousin who is a good mechanic told me not to use the type of hose lordco gave me. Toyota will probably be crazy expensive and TOR reprioduction parts say they won't ship to Canada. Any ideas guys?

just go to a auto parts store and get rubber hose for automatic trans line. take the outer rubber bits off your old hose to cover the new line in critical areas. where it goes over the engine mount or near exhaust .

Another place to get them, would be a Farm and tractor supply. Better hoses an lower price. Dave W

Hey Cory, just grab some braided hose, nylon or stainless.

I ordered 30 feet of braided line on ebay for less than $60 to use for my fuel lines and oil cooler lines.

Works like a charm and you can always get a hard line adapter for the outlet tube under the oil filter and a metric 12x1.25 to AN fitting for your oil pan to use an aftermarket oil cooler of your choice with AN fittings. Makes it a little snazzier looking and you can fit a larger cooler.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I always had problems blowing lines, so I did that too, switched everything over to AN fittings. It cost a little more, but now I have a larger cooler too. I got fittings that bolt to the stock locations.

what Gary said. get the Dayco stuff not the Weatherhead hose; its too stiff.

Goodyear insta-grip works well.