Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DK Dead?

But if everyone is growing up and leaving, who will be around to validate my automotive life choices?

Jeff
    Last edited by Jeff Lange; 03-23-2016 at 09:46 AM.

2011 GSE20 Lexus IS350 6MT F-Sport with LSD
    2005 NCP13 Toyota Yaris RS 5MT Hatchback
    1993 TCR10 Team Mondor Toyota Previa GT-S RM 5MT Studded Ice Race Van
    1986 AE86 Toyota Corolla GT-S 5MT Supercharged

The noobs, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Aaron GE View Post
    The noobs, I guess.
    Dori-Kaze 23:03:16 ... and Jeff said unto the "noobs I give you the gift of OEM correctness, 30 year old jank design, reaffirming my life choices and the chance to order JDM parts from Toyota." And the new noobs wept as DK once more arose from the ashes on it's out-dated VB source code wings and took to the sky's of the world wide web. The grey scale forum never looked so lavish to the newly'membered noobs eyes, for Jeff is, was and forever will be their Shepard, of the DK sanctuary.

Praise be unto the new bloods noobs and cult of the hachiroku, may your DK be grey and your ae86 full of rust.

Quote Originally Posted by woodenturn View Post
    DK should ban such nonsense. 2 cents~ sr86 www.dorikaze.net/showthread.php?32933-Elizabeth

Lord can I get a halalua

Quote Originally Posted by LastLatvian View Post
    Dori-Kaze 23:03:16 ... and Jeff said unto the "noobs I give you the gift of OEM correctness, 30 year old jank design, reaffirming my life choices and the chance to order JDM parts from Toyota." And the new noobs wept as DK once more arose from the ashes on it's out-dated VB source code wings and took to the sky's of the world wide web. The grey scale forum never looked so lavish to the newly'membered noobs eyes, for Jeff is, was and forever will be their Shepard, of the DK sanctuary.

Praise be unto the new bloods noobs and cult of the hachiroku, may your DK be grey and your ae86 full of rust.

*tips yamaka* M'LANGE
    '80 MX32 sedan |'83 AE71 wagon |'84 AE86 hatch
    '85 AE86 coupe |'86 AE86 hatch |'86 AE86 coupe
    '88 MR2 S/C |'86 S12 hatch |'88 Silvia K's
    '91 Z30 Soarer '92 JZS147 Aristo |'92 S13 coupe
    '93 R33 Skyline |'98 S14 kouki

Quote Originally Posted by JungleMatic View Post
    Is dyno like 200 for the hp if mustang shifts but 300 if corolla shifts?

Come, my children, while I tell you a story of rust and the path to happiness.

Jeff

2011 GSE20 Lexus IS350 6MT F-Sport with LSD
    2005 NCP13 Toyota Yaris RS 5MT Hatchback
    1993 TCR10 Team Mondor Toyota Previa GT-S RM 5MT Studded Ice Race Van
    1986 AE86 Toyota Corolla GT-S 5MT Supercharged

I haven't been on DK in 6 months at least.
    growing up I guess?

I've been on and off for the last year and a bit... seems a lot of the car action goes on in the FB groups, however the DK FB group has always been dead. :|

Follow my Supra Antics on Facebook ---> HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by REN69 View Post
    I've been on and off for the last year and a bit... seems a lot of the car action goes on in the FB groups, however the DK FB group has always been dead. :|
    what are the popular ae86 facebook groups?
    86 Corolla GTS
    Coupe . Rewinds w Toyos . Low. header/exh . push button start.

It's got this name... dang I can't remember. Something kaze.. can't recall beyond that.

The most active one I see is the club4ag on facecrack. Good deals on there. Just got brand new head studs for $130 and they are way more than that anywhere else I've seen them. Lots of sales happening on there

Sorry guys, new to this forum. I think it's dying because none of you are ever parting with your cars for the rest of us noobs

Quote Originally Posted by MilkTea View Post
    Sorry guys, new to this forum. I think it's dying because none of you are ever parting with your cars for the rest of us noobs
    Nonono, you gotta do your part for the local economy and have NEW parts fabbed up. Then post pictures.

I haven't been on in a couple years at least! It really is sad to see the whole forum experience in general is dying. I'm offroading and dual sporting nowadays, but everyone wants to post up on FB. It's great for a feed of content, but the depth in conversation is lost when threads aren't neatly organized and archived like a forum. This place will always be special to me, very dear to my heart. I still hope to own another corolla one day!

I don't do BookFace or whatever they call it now. I heard it sucks arse anyway for any sort of meaningful conversations.

If I do ever get around to selling parts it will be on a forum.

I remember I was at a trade show somewhere and some company caught my attention. They had some parts and I told them too bad, I already bought from another company. They asked why and I told them "because the other company has an actual website, not some crap on social media. When it asked me to sign up to see your page, I moved on." They looked shocked.

Wish I could remember what company that was.

I kind of like the social media aspect to the car world.

I find that as far as archived information goes, forums will always be the go-to for that. However, most of the classified buy/sell tends to happen on the Facebook and other social media groups and I actually prefer it. Why?

a) because it puts a name to a face. I feel like there's less chance of getting ripped off by someone on Facebook because you can basically find out all of their personal information through their profile. If something were to go awry, you'd have a lot of information to work with to file a fraudulent case.

b) because it's easier. Most people have social media notifications sent to their phone. So if a potential buyer makes an inquiry, the seller will know about it right away. The IM'ing system also makes negotiating easier instead of the back-and-forth style inbox used by most forums.
    '80 MX32 sedan |'83 AE71 wagon |'84 AE86 hatch
    '85 AE86 coupe |'86 AE86 hatch |'86 AE86 coupe
    '88 MR2 S/C |'86 S12 hatch |'88 Silvia K's
    '91 Z30 Soarer '92 JZS147 Aristo |'92 S13 coupe
    '93 R33 Skyline |'98 S14 kouki

Quote Originally Posted by JungleMatic View Post
    Is dyno like 200 for the hp if mustang shifts but 300 if corolla shifts?

Promotion banners & sponsored cars?

I peek in everyday, but I'm failing at life and nothing to contribute.
    SpeedHero

Spirit of the Street, King of Sport

I'm still around! as mentioned, a lot of old school members have moved on, or are still tinkering with their cars in the background. like myself, I still have the same corolla as when I joined the board over 10 years ago.

adding to the list of reasons why there isn't any action on the forum is that Initial D is over and isn't in the mainstream popularity for the young kids? hah.
    Team おなに

Motor Village Crew unite!

dk is dead.

dk can only thrive as long as there are newcomers constantly joining, but the problem now is theres just fewer available cars and even fewer available parts.

the backbone of dk use to be fresh guys picking up their cheap cars and doing simple mods such as suspension and exhaust and writing up a build thread about it.

then you'll get the more experience guys doing crazy swaps that go over 10 pages which everyone subscribes to, enjoys reading and hopes to get there one day.

then theres the technical questions because everyone who starts out will have classic corolla issues and will have no idea how to solve them, the community was really good for answering and discussing those questions.

of course last but not least, the partouts and sale threads. yes once upon a time dk was just flowing with parts, where 1 corolla ends, 5 more will get upgraded and then that, corolla that everybody thought was dead would be turned into a drift car and pops up later on

the problem now is, there arent any new cars, there arent any new owners
    older guys become jaded, highschool budget threads are ****ted on, nothing is impressive anymore
    guys who have cool builds dont even bother posting on dk anymore
    any technical questions will get flamed followed by a "DID YOU TRY THE SEARCH BUTTON". if i was a new member, id be pretty intimidated to post and prefer to lurk instead
    partouts dont exist, everyone hoards and holds onto their parts for dear life, making it expensive to impossible to build a corolla anymore, my answer was buy cheap JDM car thats already fast... for me it was the altezza. that and i bastardize my corolla so it really doesnt use any major components from the original corolla itself.

most of these things arent really fixable, the route of the problem really is that locally you cant see a growth in the community without cars and parts, so the members that are still around, id suggest becoming better friends and getting more active with meets and cruises. a lot of the guys i call friends are all former corolla owners, which just goes to show how strong the community was back then, of course theyve all grown into bigger or comfier or faster or nicer or just generally better cars.