Thread: Not mine: Supras in Victoria area

Not mine: Supras in Victoria area

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classifi...-rims_27089092

Saw this, figured someone might like it.

curious why doesn't anyone in bc ever use kijiji?!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4age
    "The Miata will get some compliments along with some ?hairdresser? comments and odd looks from the average public, enthusiasts are never really sure if you are a stance guy, a drifter, or a homosexual"
    BUILD THREAD!!!
    http://www.dorikaze.net/showthread.p...-pics-page-5!*

We do. Sort of.
    Victoria uses UsedVictoria mostly.
    Vancouver seems devoted to Craigslist.

Everywhere else? Dunno, only see other places through Kijiji.

Kijiji format is terrible. Used Vic is a close second. Craigslist is best.

The search features on used __ and kijiji aren't as useful or easy to operate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugwillis View Post
    Kijiji format is terrible. Used Vic is a close second. Craigslist is best.

The search features on used __ and kijiji aren't as useful or easy to operate.
    ^This essentially.
    '80 MX32 sedan |'83 AE71 wagon |'84 AE86 hatch
    '85 AE86 coupe |'86 AE86 hatch |'86 AE86 coupe
    '88 MR2 S/C |'86 S12 hatch |'88 Silvia K's
    '91 Z30 Soarer '92 JZS147 Aristo |'92 S13 coupe
    '93 R33 Skyline |'98 S14 kouki

Quote Originally Posted by JungleMatic View Post
    Is dyno like 200 for the hp if mustang shifts but 300 if corolla shifts?

Eh, I find Craigslist to be the worst, personally (besides having no content for the Island).

I do appreciate the boolean search abilities of Craigslist and Used___, but I find the size restrictiveness of CL's images, is a right pain in the ass.
    Used___ gives you a decent sized image, but it is such a damn pain when you are searching for say...a Celica, in having to search both the regular car section, and the specialty vehicle section. When searching for a truck or SUV, having to go through all three. And that there is no way (that I know of), to search multiple Used___ areas, in once search. I really wish they offered a "region" search, so that you could search say, "Vancouver Island", "Lower Mainland", etc.

Kijiji has a powerful search function, but it is a bit complicated by lack of boolean search ability. Nonetheless, it is capable. Best still, is the ability to search the entire damn province at once.....though, still would be nice for a regional search restriction, or having a filter so you can select multiple locations, rather than all, or one. Also suffers from Used___'s idea of splitting cars, trucks and classic cars.

Though...to be fair, it can be nice to just open the "classic car" listings, and see what people have (or what some morons consider classic)
    Last edited by ScottRA21; 03-27-2016 at 01:17 AM.

Usedvic has the area on lock, but yeah, their search sucks and only 25 listings per page is a bit of a nuisance. I also mostly appreciate their site for the Speciality/classic car section. I think their set up was optimal a few years ago, and there was consistently like 10K+ listings for cars. These days they're around half that traffic, probably due to a combination of competition(facebook groups, kijiji), and their site becoming more cluttered/less user friendly. I definitely prefer Craigslist these days, 100 listings per page, can view thumbnail or plain text list, search is easy to use and provides better results than used or kijeeg, in my opinion.

The only thing I HATE about craigslist is all the Idiotic commercial seller spam bull*hit. They tag absolutely everything you can think of so no matter what you search (Toyota,Honda, ae86) and you get thousands of ads, and lots of them are the same ad posted 20 times in a row. Literally. I always click the "by owner" option to eliminate all that garbage but it kinda sucks because I wouldn't mind seeing what's out there in car lots too. But I type in Toyota cause I like toyotas (looking for a decent 4 door truck or 4Runner) but barely half of the ads that pop up are actually toyotas. I swear these people spend more time thinking of different tags to add to their ad just so it will pop up no matter what you search. If I'm looking for an iPod I shouldn't be seeing ads for a brand new Chevy Equinox, should I? Other than that I like craigslist cause I can set up a search and just change from town to town to see what's out there

And when I use the used whatever sites I just type my search before I choose a category. That way it searches the entire site so you will see all of the listings according to your search criteria. Much less spam on used because they won't let you post duplicates of existing ads. So a person can browse through the dealer vehicles without seeing one hundred ads for the same vehicle
    Last edited by jewbaka421; 03-27-2016 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Adding to my rant lol

^ Used Vic and Kijiji have the option for sellers to pay to have their posts 'advertised' or show up at the top of the search function. No, I don't care about your minivan I'm looking for a car.

At least they have to pay for that privilege. And both used and kijiji won't allow some retard to post the same ad 20 times in a row. And I don't see nearly as many bmw's and kia's when I search for Toyota on those sites. But it does seem that most of the best stuff can be found on Craigslist. But that differs from area to area as well. Seems kijiji is what the Prince George people like to use. It's almost as if they haven't heard of used or craigslist

Craigslist doesn't allow any adds like usedvictoria does.. used was where it was at until the adds came and slowed their site right down.