Thread: WTB small port stuff

WTB small port stuff

My small port is running like ass. It keeps misfiring and I have no idea why. So I'm looking for any extra small port parts to test them and see if the problem goes away. Things I'm looking for are a MAF sensor, dizzy, igniter, and coil. Maybe even a spare knock sensor and TPS are a good idea too. Thanks

Was it running fine before and this just started?

Ya. After I did the swap it would start perfectly and ran mint and sometime after installing the proper o2 sensor it slowly has been getting worse. I've unplugged the o2 sensor which has it running better but it has problems starting cold and it sometimes completely bogs out when I push the throttle too hard. Other times it goes good. It bogs at low rpm's sometimes and high rpm's sometimes. I've had no time to try and figure it out. Played with the timing and tps but not much improvement

My TPS was strange once and caused something like this, it was boggy and slow, and I ended up finding a new throttle body with one untouched TPS and that fixed it. Also, what is your intake set up like? Is it a flipped one or a T3 plate? I guess checking for spark and fuel, and checking the AFM are going to all be needed before knowing what you even need...

I have a flipped intake manifold. It could be my tps position. I did mess with it but it's pretty much where it was to begin with. I also found it had a hidden code the other day in my ecu. It was the 12 code which is rpm signal. I just hope it's not my wiring harness for some reason lol. But given that code I'm thinking it could be my dizzy, igniter or coil.

That's a good way to narrow it down. I thought my TPS was where it was supposed to be too, then I got one that was perfect and it was much more responsive. The wires to my coil and the plug on my coil itself have also failed on me before. I went to the scrap yard and pulled a couple of the same plugs off newer Celica's. Hopefully it's something simple for you.

Still wanting this stuff