Thread: Finally a straight six sedan!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Finally a straight six sedan!

I figured I'd make a thread to keep track of all the stuff I do to this thing. I sold the Corolla to buy a JZX. Finally found a JZX81 in Alberta, that PaulCorolla helped me ship over.

Seamed like a good deal considering the parts that were on it and some spare goodies that came with it. Once I started digging into it, I realized the car needed a lot of work and it was poorly pieced together. So I sold a few goodies off of it, and traded it for a JZX100

I was pretty happy about the trade. Only ****ty part was that the JZX100 was auto. It needed a couple things for safety. Exhaust, and rear brakes no big deal. Not even a month into driving it, one day backing into a parking spot the diff magically falls out

Turns out the previous owner filled them with Polly. I didn't notice because they were covered in foil paper. I didn't think anything of it at the time since the exhaust ran under it. Ended up damaging the rear U-Joint and an axle boot. So I ordered TRD diff bushings, and TRD TC rod bushings while I was at it since the left side was torn

Got some cool wheels for it

Drove it to Final bout USAIR last summer

Hit up a couple drift days. It was still fun considering it was auto haha

Parked the car for winter, and started collecting parts.

Picked up an R154 from a JZX100 off yahoo Japan auctions, and had Jesse streeter ship it for me.

Rebuilt a OEM clutch I got for free off a friend, and switched the friction material to Kevlar, and ran a drift motion lightweight flywheel.

The 1J was leaking oil like crazy! So I ordered all the seals, and did the timing belt and water pump since I was already there.

Bought some BC ER series coils since the cusco's were old and the collars were seized.

Some Cusco upper arms

Big difference swapping over to 5 speed. It doesn't feel like a slug anymore. Especially since I'm running the 3.9 auto R&P VS the standard 3.7.

Found a steering angle kit on yahoo so I ended up buying it.

Went drifting and got a little excited on my second lap, and entered really hot.

Resulting to this lol

That steering angle kit I bought turned out to be junk. Stock lower control arms were extended, and the knuckles were modded. Looks like they were cracked and were rusty. I couldn't tell though since they had been painted over.

I ended up breaking lower control arm, knuckle, upper ball joint, brake line, and ABS line.

More parts from Japan!
    Sourced some front fenders for $100

Sent my oem Lower control arms to get extended

Bought some Hey man 800SP knuckles

Straightened out my intercooler, and had to replace a few couplers that broke

Last edited by JOshua a; 10-24-2016 at 11:04 PM.