Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally a straight six sedan!

Finally a straight six sedan!

I figured I'd make a thread to keep track of all the stuff I do to this thing. I sold the Corolla to buy a JZX. Finally found a JZX81 in Alberta, that PaulCorolla helped me ship over.

Seamed like a good deal considering the parts that were on it and some spare goodies that came with it. Once I started digging into it, I realized the car needed a lot of work and it was poorly pieced together. So I sold a few goodies off of it, and traded it for a JZX100

I was pretty happy about the trade. Only ****ty part was that the JZX100 was auto. It needed a couple things for safety. Exhaust, and rear brakes no big deal. Not even a month into driving it, one day backing into a parking spot the diff magically falls out

Turns out the previous owner filled them with Polly. I didn't notice because they were covered in foil paper. I didn't think anything of it at the time since the exhaust ran under it. Ended up damaging the rear U-Joint and an axle boot. So I ordered TRD diff bushings, and TRD TC rod bushings while I was at it since the left side was torn

Got some cool wheels for it

Drove it to Final bout USAIR last summer

Hit up a couple drift days. It was still fun considering it was auto haha

Parked the car for winter, and started collecting parts.

Picked up an R154 from a JZX100 off yahoo Japan auctions, and had Jesse streeter ship it for me.

Rebuilt a OEM clutch I got for free off a friend, and switched the friction material to Kevlar, and ran a drift motion lightweight flywheel.

The 1J was leaking oil like crazy! So I ordered all the seals, and did the timing belt and water pump since I was already there.

Bought some BC ER series coils since the cusco's were old and the collars were seized.

Some Cusco upper arms

Big difference swapping over to 5 speed. It doesn't feel like a slug anymore. Especially since I'm running the 3.9 auto R&P VS the standard 3.7.

Found a steering angle kit on yahoo so I ended up buying it.

Went drifting and got a little excited on my second lap, and entered really hot.

Resulting to this lol

That steering angle kit I bought turned out to be junk. Stock lower control arms were extended, and the knuckles were modded. Looks like they were cracked and were rusty. I couldn't tell though since they had been painted over.

I ended up breaking lower control arm, knuckle, upper ball joint, brake line, and ABS line.

More parts from Japan!
    Sourced some front fenders for $100

Sent my oem Lower control arms to get extended

Bought some Hey man 800SP knuckles

Straightened out my intercooler, and had to replace a few couplers that broke

Last edited by JOshua a; 10-24-2016 at 11:04 PM.

Looking swaggy fella.
    SpeedHero

Spirit of the Street, King of Sport

Thanks for the share. I wish i had vvti

Aren't there supposed to be big ass saucer shaped washers that prevent the diff from falling out if there is a complete bushing failure? Looks like you are game to fix anything though, so that is sweet.
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

Quote Originally Posted by clay72 View Post
    Thanks for the share. I wish i had vvti

Aren't there supposed to be big ass saucer shaped washers that prevent the diff from falling out if there is a complete bushing failure? Looks like you are game to fix anything though, so that is sweet.
    Yes there is supposed to be the big washers on top of the diff. I have some spares if you need them Josh. I'm in Hamilton. There's also a 01' IS300 and ~00' GS300 if you need parts at Pic N Save in town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokubes View Post
    Is 20 pounds for the weight like 30 if a guy lifts?

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

that steering kit could have been life threatening, didn't even know that happened Josh... need more daily updates!

What's the springrates on those coils? Who welded your lca's? I want to get mine lengthened (properly with 1 weld not 2). And how do you like the Hey Man knuckles? I have some built by Xcessive Manufacturing that are shorter with less Ackerman (they bolt-on but you hack off the stock tie rod attachment on your stock knuckle, and they act as a RCA - 1/2" thick). Both paulcorolla (Altezza) and I have them on our cars. They are pretty nice for a car with stock power.

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

Yeah the washers were missing. Probably because this car had a different diff in it before I bought it, and previous wonder swapped it back to stock. I did get the washers when I put the new bushings in.

Yeah DUY it was was bad. I got lucky the passenger and I weren't hurt. The wheel actually flew through a metal fence across the lane way, and stopped at the fence dividing the property lol
    I'll try and make some updates when I can.

Finally a straight six sedan!

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    What's the springrates on those coils? Who welded your lca's? I want to get mine lengthened (properly with 1 weld not 2). And how do you like the Hey Man knuckles? I have some built by Xcessive Manufacturing that are shorter with less Ackerman (they bolt-on but you hack off the stock tie rod attachment on your stock knuckle, and they act as a RCA - 1/2" thick). Both paulcorolla (Altezza) and I have them on our cars. They are pretty nice for a car with stock power.
    Spring rates are 20/10. I got my lower control arms welded by this fabricator in Guelph 519kustomz. He specialized in low riders. You can check out his Instagram, or website.
    I haven't driven with the heyman knuckles at the track yet. Hopefully if my parts come in within the next couple days I'll try them out at the track this weekend. Doing some street skids, they have lots of angle. I need to run a spacer because it's rubbing on rim full lock.

Thanks for the info. I hope to be out at DriftOps this weekend too, just to spectate though.

I just bought BC Racing coilovers too but the BR version in 12/10k, just looking for a place to install them myself. I should have went with the "Low's" but the roads here are terrible and I still need to drive this thing on the street.

How much longer are the lca's?

Btw, I just added you to my FB.

Paul E.

Thanks for the info. I hope to be out at DriftOps this weekend too, just to spectate though.

I just bought BC Racing coilovers too but the BR version in 12/10k, just looking for a place to install them myself. I should have went with the "Low's" but the roads here are terrible and I still need to drive this thing on the street.

How much longer are the lca's?

Btw, I just added you to my FB.

Paul E.
    Np! Yeah the guys at drift ops are awesome. I hope my control arms come in time. I already pre paid lol

My first set were +40, second set +35, the ones I just ordered are +25.

Did you just move to Ontario?

Yeah I just moved here 3 months ago.

Damn, that's a lot of control arms! So the +35 and +40 were a little too long?

Yeah I just moved here 3 months ago.

Damn, that's a lot of control arms! So the +35 and +40 were a little too long?
    lol I need to update later today. +40 broke at the track^ and +35 broke this past weekend lol

Jesus man, that's not a very good success rate! Were they both done by 519kustomz?

Jesus man, that's not a very good success rate! Were they both done by 519kustomz?
    Yeah it's a piss off. No the first set I bought From Japan. Second set were my oem set that 519Kustomz extended.

Glad to see you out breaking things and having fun. I too have suffered the "previous owner didn't install **** correctly" fate, and feel your pain.

Is that the BN Sports bumper that you had to FRP back together?

Quote Originally Posted by 4Aaron GE View Post
    Is that the BN Sports bumper that you had to FRP back together?
    It's in one piece LOL just need to fix all the cracks

Sourced BN sports side skirts and rear bumper in B.C.

With the help of my Pal Aaron he bought and shipped me a BN front bumper off of Yahoo auctions

Need to get it all painted along with the front fenders. Hopefully in the spring.

So got the car all together and was super stoked to hit up the track day this upcoming weekend.

Went for a rip with a few friends, while I was merging onto the highway I felt something let go and the car drifted to the side

Not even a month later. Another broken control arm -____-

Luckily once again nobody was hurt. This time, it only damaged my wheel, ABS line, kinked the fender, and broke the new link I just put on. So I ended up ordering new one piece extended 25mm lower control arms from RHD. Hopefully they come in by Thursday or Friday the latest fingers crossed.

I can't figure out whether you're lucky or unlucky... what brand was it?
    also loving the red fender, I wish I never painted mine to match the car

A little bit of both I guess haha.
    Both sets were oem but extended. I just ordered a set of Kazama auto super extended arms.
    Fenders are actually orange!