Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally a straight six sedan!

What's that dolly under your wheel? Never seen that, where can I get one?

Quote Originally Posted by JOshua a View Post
    It's in one piece LOL just need to fix all the cracks
    Lol. Hurry it up, man. I wanna see this thing on the car!

Quote Originally Posted by Harjeet View Post
    What's that dolly under your wheel? Never seen that, where can I get one?
    Harjeet, you can get them from princess auto and from Canadian tire. Also, I think Cosco used to have them, online order only, but you pick them up at the store. The Cosco ones have a mini jack function, which is pretty sweet.

Josh, you need to play safe! I cant believe this has happened three times already and your still here to tell the story!
    Mat 83 GTS Hatch 87 GTSR5 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by KingSpence View Post
    If only I put the same amount of effort into my schooling as I do my car. Education is important, but racecar is importanter.
    Stuff I'm Selling
    IG Mattyballz86

Quote Originally Posted by projectae86 View Post
    Harjeet, you can get them from princess auto and from Canadian tire. Also, I think Cosco used to have them, online order only, but you pick them up at the store. The Cosco ones have a mini jack function, which is pretty sweet.

Josh, you need to play safe! I cant believe this has happened three times already and your still here to tell the story!
    2 times lol and hopefully the last

Quote Originally Posted by projectae86 View Post

Sweet!! Those will revolutionise my car situation. Need to shove a car in corner of garage. Lol

Hey, those are Mitch's old skirts.
    '80 MX32 sedan |'83 AE71 wagon |'84 AE86 hatch
    '85 AE86 coupe |'86 AE86 hatch |'86 AE86 coupe
    '88 MR2 S/C |'86 S12 hatch |'88 Silvia K's
    '91 Z30 Soarer '92 JZS147 Aristo |'92 S13 coupe
    '93 R33 Skyline |'98 S14 kouki

Quote Originally Posted by JungleMatic View Post
    Is dyno like 200 for the hp if mustang shifts but 300 if corolla shifts?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon G View Post
    Hey, those are Mitch's old skirts.
    Wrong. Marvins old skirts, Mitch's rear bumper lol notice how the skirts are black, and the rear bumper is purple lol

Holy baller status batman! I like how this going, except for the broken control arms, kinda seems like a bad design from factory, with the amount of force that they're subject to, especially with the stiffer suspension. Hopefully the Kazama units are a bit stronger.

The factory castor link attachment location really leaves a lot hanging out there. Time to get some fabbed out of chromo or something else that will bend and not snap!
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

Quote Originally Posted by clay72 View Post
    The factory castor link attachment location really leaves a lot hanging out there. Time to get some fabbed out of chromo or something else that will bend and not snap!
    Yeah. Well the set I bought is one piece. So hopefully I have no issues

So arms didn't come in time. Lucky for me my buddy's JZX is parked for the winter so I stole his

Had lots of fun, went through lots of fuel and no issues.
    Arms came in

They look pretty beef. Posted the car up for sale, if it sells, it sells. If not, I'll be dumping more money into it in the spring. Hopefully paint the fenders and kit and possibly the car.

So I guess this is due for an update.
    I ended up finding a stock turbo on kijiji and sent it to cherry turbos to upgrade it to a steel wheel.

Also picked up a tomei turbo elbow

Picked up some ssr Vienna courages

Ended up finally repairing, and painting the BN sports kit

Also installed a tomei 2 way that I found on yahoo japan. Found a sweet dream on new ikeya rear arms.

Got super lucky and found a mint drivers green fender on yahoo for 4,000 yen. So I ditched the orange fenders.

Did a few drifts

Ended up trading my BC ER series coilovers for some stance coilovers because I wanted to go lower

So I guess this is due for an update.
    Nice update Josh. I'm glad to see you still have the car.

How are you liking the Kazama LCA's? I see they're +25mm which is a nice length for extra negative camber, btw degree are you at? Are you on aftermarket UCA's? I bought some JZX100/110 UCA's off a guy in Toronto a couple months back, tried to get balljoints but couldn't find any around for the IS300. I'll have to pick up some from Figs, along with other **** I need. I was talking to a buddy about front camber and steering lock on these cars, he's saying we should be extending the LCA not shortening the UCA for more negative camber. I'll see you're of the same mindset.

Keep up the good work on this car man, I hope to see it out at the track this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokubes View Post
    Is 20 pounds for the weight like 30 if a guy lifts?

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    Nice update Josh. I'm glad to see you still have the car.

How are you liking the Kazama LCA's? I see they're +25mm which is a nice length for extra negative camber, btw degree are you at? Are you on aftermarket UCA's? I bought some JZX100/110 UCA's off a guy in Toronto a couple months back, tried to get balljoints but couldn't find any around for the IS300. I'll have to pick up some from Figs, along with other **** I need. I was talking to a buddy about front camber and steering lock on these cars, he's saying we should be extending the LCA not shortening the UCA for more negative camber. I'll see you're of the same mindset.

Keep up the good work on this car man, I hope to see it out at the track this year.
    Thanks man! I’m trying to sell it right now to be honest I have a land Cruiser that I’m piecing together and it’s taking up all my time and money at the moment. If it doesn’t sell I’ll just keep it though.
    Control arms have been good no complaints! I’m only running -3.5 camber in the front. I’d like to change that to -4.5-5.0.
    I’m running Cusco upper control arms and they’re currently maxed on negative. I shortened my upright spindles because they hit the body when you go low. My mistake was I didn’t weld them perfectly straight so I’ll have to do it again.
    For upper ball joints, IS300 ones work! You might have to buy the complete upper control arm though if they don’t sell just the ball joint.

Icon6

Thanks man! I?m trying to sell it right now to be honest I have a land Cruiser that I?m piecing together and it?s taking up all my time and money at the moment. If it doesn?t sell I?ll just keep it though.
    Control arms have been good no complaints! I?m only running -3.5 camber in the front. I?d like to change that to -4.5-5.0.
    I?m running Cusco upper control arms and they?re currently maxed on negative. I shortened my upright spindles because they hit the body when you go low. My mistake was I didn?t weld them perfectly straight so I?ll have to do it again.
    For upper ball joints, IS300 ones work! You might have to buy the complete upper control arm though if they don?t sell just the ball joint.
    Ya I have shortened spindles too, but Mitchy welded them perfectly (-25mm). I can't even tell they've been welded, which I wanted. Nobody sells the ball joints separately so I do have to buy them direct from Figs. I already have the stock ones on the car and the JZX100's, so I might have to get two sets of ball joints and Figs bushings to see what I like for negative camber and tire clearance.

That Landcruiser in the pics is pretty sick, I love the old ones like that! Early 80's I assume...what's the plans for it? My wife and I are driving a 06' 4runner LTD which is a pretty nice truck. I've done front 5th gen brakes/poly swaybar bushings/265.65.18 AT tires, haven't really been offroad tho lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokubes View Post
    Is 20 pounds for the weight like 30 if a guy lifts?

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    Ya I have shortened spindles too, but Mitchy welded them perfectly (-25mm). I can't even tell they've been welded, which I wanted. Nobody sells the ball joints separately so I do have to buy them direct from Figs. I already have the stock ones on the car and the JZX100's, so I might have to get two sets of ball joints and Figs bushings to see what I like for negative camber and tire clearance.

That Landcruiser in the pics is pretty sick, I love the old ones like that! Early 80's I assume...what's the plans for it? My wife and I are driving a 06' 4runner LTD which is a pretty nice truck. I've done front 5th gen brakes/poly swaybar bushings/265.65.18 AT tires, haven't really been offroad tho lol.
    Thanks! It’s an 85! I bought it from New Brunswick and regretted it lol body is really rough, I bought another one locally that’s from Florida. So it’s really clean. I’m in the middle of swapping the drivetrain over. Plans are to finish it, enjoy it for a bit and possibly sell it to help fund some other stuff.
    Haha that’s super cool! I’d want to off road this thing a few times once I’m done.

Cool Cruiser and Drift Sedan!
    Josh Danish is a Scammer