Thread: hvac settings issues help

hvac settings issues help

Hey guys so ive been having issues trying to get my hvac settings.

1. to blow air from the top vent to get air hitting the windshield. ( the lever wont shift to the right more than half way)
    2. and im not getting warm air coming from when the air is pointed to the face.

Basically I removed the heater core and got it rebuilt, put it all back and I have heat down by the feet but not in the front facing vents, and i another problem being I cannot get the air to be directed to the top windshield vent the knob wont move to the right any further. I tried to remove everything and pull on the wire with some pliers to see if it would get it to budge but it wont work.

any ideas? I'll try and get pictures tomorrow if possible.

thanks
    Last edited by toyo; 11-10-2016 at 06:10 PM. Reason: forgot info

Trace the cable that's connected to the lever that won't move and check to see if the lever at the other end moves. It'll go somewhere behind the heater control panel. There might be some crap all jammed up in the ducting or something

will do sir, thanks

ok so i traced the cable back and it was all good, i even disconnected the cable and moved the lever by hand and no bueno. still no warm air uptop or air to defrost the windshield, could it be an internal issue that i need to remove the heater core for again? and could this lack of heat be from connecting the cooling lines to the heater core the wrong way? I dont see how it would effect it though,

thanks

Disconnect the cable from the lever on the box and move the lever up and down by hand. You should be able to hear the flapper doors move inside. If not, something has disconnected inside the heater box.
    I split one apart on my Celica to clean out a dead rodent and had a bugger of a time to realign the mechanisms so they worked correctly. Perhaps that happened as a result of your repair.
    Hope this helps/
    2002 & 2005 Capital City Speedway ministock champion
    2- 3rd gen Celica Stock Cars; 85 Celica GTS Convertible
    3-7th Gen Celica road and race cars
    86 Cressida wagon with a w58 swap
    Many Toyota Trucks

"It's better to be in the race for a second than to spectate forever." St Merlin

Thank you sir, i will give it a whirl, its getting cold here in alberta so i was hesitant on working on the car, i guess ill remove the heater core housing