Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Hi From Coquitlam

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Coquitlam BC
    Posts
    5

    Hi From Coquitlam

    Hi everyone my name is Alex I'm from Coquitlam and I've been lurking here for a while and thought it was finally time to post. I've always liked older Toyotas and ever since high school I've always wanted an AE86. I currently have an 84' SR5 that's been GTS swapped. This is my first AE86 and I love it! This is my project car and I've been fixing it up and modding it overtime and can't wait to build it into an awesome car.

    Here it is when I got it:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150621_173810 - DK.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	15197

    And here it is now:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0226__DK.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	15198

    Thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to learning new things and being a part of the community!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    High River AB
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by PandaHatch View Post
    Hi everyone my name is Alex I'm from Coquitlam and I've been lurking here for a while and thought it was finally time to post. I've always liked older Toyotas and ever since high school I've always wanted an AE86. I currently have an 84' SR5 that's been GTS swapped. This is my first AE86 and I love it! This is my project car and I've been fixing it up and modding it overtime and can't wait to build it into an awesome car.

    Here it is when I got it:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150621_173810 - DK.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	15197

    And here it is now:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0226__DK.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	15198

    Thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to learning new things and being a part of the community!
    Hey, and welcome you got a sweet looking AE, And while your reading this may I ask how you have wired up the front bumper lights and how you have them working. Cheers

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by TJWH View Post
    Hey, and welcome you got a sweet looking AE, And while your reading this may I ask how you have wired up the front bumper lights and how you have them working. Cheers
    There's a few ways you can do it.

    The most common way to do it is to just clip off the connectors from the USDM signals and solder them onto the JDM ones.

    Alternatively you can try sourcing the correct connectors that fit into the JDM signals and soldering them onto the chassis harness. Most 80's and 90's Toyotas use them in the cigarette lighter plug. I'm pretty sure I got mine out of an X7 Cressida.
    '80 MX32 sedan |'83 AE71 wagon |'84 AE86 hatch
    '85 AE86 coupe |'86 AE86 hatch |'86 AE86 coupe
    '88 MR2 S/C |'86 S12 hatch |'88 Silvia K's
    '91 Z30 Soarer '92 JZS147 Aristo |'92 S13 coupe
    '93 R33 Skyline |'98 S14 kouki


    Quote Originally Posted by JungleMatic View Post
    Is dyno like 200 for the hp if mustang shifts but 300 if corolla shifts?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Coquitlam BC
    Posts
    5
    Thanks I appreciate it! And sorry I'm not 100% sure how the bumper lights were wired up because I bought the car with them already installed and working. But I took a look at the wiring and it looks like the USDM connectors were cut and soldered onto the JDM ones like Brandon said.
    Last edited by PandaHatch; 12-03-2016 at 08:41 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    High River AB
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon G View Post
    There's a few ways you can do it.

    The most common way to do it is to just clip off the connectors from the USDM signals and solder them onto the JDM ones.

    Alternatively you can try sourcing the correct connectors that fit into the JDM signals and soldering them onto the chassis harness. Most 80's and 90's Toyotas use them in the cigarette lighter plug. I'm pretty sure I got mine out of an X7 Cressida.
    Yeah I've been reading non stop about it, and the only thing I can find is from 2008 to 2011 is AKJ with the relays on the turn single wiring just don't understand how it works really, To have the white side ones/ Clearances lights work as you single.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kumamoto Japan
    Posts
    2,515
    Awesome car! Love the rim colour!

    Thought this was a different post about the lights... oops!
    Last edited by Blade7; 12-05-2016 at 09:31 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Coquitlam BC
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade7 View Post
    Awesome car! Love the rim colour!
    Thanks! Yeah the rims are really bright that's one of the reasons I got them aha

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •