Thread: K50 transmission on a 3tc

K50 transmission on a 3tc

Hi I have a 1981 toyota corolla with a 3tc and was wondering if a k50 transmission would bolt on to it. What else would I need other than the clutch fork, slave cylinder etc.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrazali1 View Post
    Hi I have a 1981 toyota corolla with a 3tc and was wondering if a k50 transmission would bolt on to it. What else would I need other than the clutch fork, slave cylinder etc.

Thanks.
    K50 that would be a 5spd for a K series engine as far as I can remember the bell housing is totally wrong for a T engine. Starters are different as well.The K series trans were a lot lighter and not built for the extra horse power. So as far as I know is no way to make work. Good luck on finding a good trans.
    Sprinterless Ted
    AE92 GTS & AW11

As Sprinter Ted said, I'm quite sure a K50 won't work on a T motor because the K-series trans has a built in bellhousing that isn't the same bolt pattern as a T-series motor.

That being said, I have a T50 that I might be willing to sell you. Came out of my '81 SR5. It was shifting great, not making any weird noises. However I would like to get my 4age running before I sell off all my old drivetrain stuff. Just in case something catastrophic happens and I have to go back to a T-motor.
    ---------------------------------
    End.

Quote Originally Posted by JipJopJones View Post
    As Sprinter Ted said, I'm quite sure a K50 won't work on a T motor because the K-series trans has a built in bellhousing that isn't the same bolt pattern as a T-series motor.

That being said, I have a T50 that I might be willing to sell you. Came out of my '81 SR5. It was shifting great, not making any weird noises. However I would like to get my 4age running before I sell off all my old drivetrain stuff. Just in case something catastrophic happens and I have to go back to a T-motor.
    Thanks for the information. Do you have any other drivetrain parts for the t50 like a cluthc fork, etc. I want to do a swap in my corolla

I've got a full trans. Bellhousing/Throwout bearing/clutch fork/shifter
    ---------------------------------
    End.