Thread: Wiring and Introductions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wiring and Introductions

Hello, I want to thank this board for existing and allowing me to join from down South. I've been stalking threads on here for a couple weeks looking for information I needed and have come across quite a bit but I still have some gaps to fill in regarding my project planning.

My goal is to transplant a 3SGE Blacktop into my Triumph GT6 ('72). Besides the usual motor fitting and all that boring stuff that will only be relevant to myself I need some help with the wiring. Specifically how to fire the thing up.

I'm still a bit away from this goal but I like to have a plan mapped out before I dive in. I've sourced the motor and trans, wiring harness (engine, with extra) dash pod and a complete ignition switch assembly. The only part I'm missing would be the under dash harness but I don't think I actually need it for this application.

Technically I probably don't need the dash pod or ignition but I figured better to have and not need sort of scenario.

I've been through several threads here and beyond about this issue. Most involve reading pin outs and diagrams (which I have possession of as well) and have been doing this but there seems to be some conflicting information out there.

I suppose to start off my first question for everyone would be: 1) Having the dash & ignition, will this make the installation easier or is it a non issue. I had toyed with the idea of making the dash pod work in my Triumph with some physical modifications so that's not much of an issue for me.

It seems this method would eliminate the wire hunting to some degree since I'll have the wiring in place as it should have been (adding in the necessary gaps connecting the dash to the ECU and ignition of course)

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Psevins; 07-04-2019 at 05:12 AM.