Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carbon Fiber Ricer Version 2.0

do you have dimensions of the motor? - It fits/ That's all I care.

will you be using the honda ECU? - Yes. Unfortunately (fortunately?) the US version has an immobilizer implemented into the ECU, forcing me to use the factory ignition cylinder and teh dash harness (of which 80% is a repetition of my AE86 dash harness ..... HVAC, stereo blah blah blah)

what is the completion schedule ready will it be ready for hope cruise? - No idea I would like Adam to do it SLOW so I can cough up the labour... But it looks like he's doing it pronto.... no worries I can borrow some funds if it happened earlier than needed be...

thaks for the answers.......

pete

good job pat.....i'm actually quite impressed.

jp
    My Blog CarJunkies

WOW. some how i missed this thread pat. well i posted at first but i missed all the f20c talk. i have a bm vid with the topfuel f20c road car. and keichi takes it for a ride and when he gets out all he can talk about is how fast it is and he cant hear anything cuz its soooo loud in the old 86. lol u might want to put some more sound deadning in there if u wanna have any ears after like a two minute drive.

cant wait tilla civic pulls up next to you and when u walk away hes left thingking....was that.....vtec. lol

good luck with everything man. hope it all works out in your timeframe.
    Mat 83 GTS Hatch 87 GTSR5 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by KingSpence View Post
    If only I put the same amount of effort into my schooling as I do my car. Education is important, but racecar is importanter.
    Stuff I'm Selling
    IG Mattyballz86

this is surely going to be a sick project, good luck on it!

sam
    FD3S, FC3S, S13, AE86, AE86, EK9, CD9A, HP10, ROVER MINI

Ernest - your story made my day LOL you went out without your "adjustment" connected back to ur engine.....

Adam shoved the engine into the car this afternoon but it seems to have problem clearing the hood (for about 1"?) I'm going to look at the severity of it and see what is to be done about it....

Tsuchiya's complaint in hotstaff AE is mainly caused by straight cut final gears I realized that after I got a drive in Crzy Joe's Crzy rolla..... they sound exactly the same at speed...

I'm worried that my slant cut gears are going to pop when 240HP passes thru it and I'll have to fetch a straight cut..... then it'd get looouuuudd....

i think the t3 car and had the engine lowerd. and the hotstaff or top fule or who ever it was just put a little reverse scoop on the hood to make some room kinda like dsm
    If only I put the same amount of effort into my schooling as I do my car. Education is important, but racecar is importanter.
    Stuff I'm Selling
    IG Mattyballz86

yup lowering it'll go.... the whole cross member will be spaced out about 2" downwards from wherever it is now.... here's the pic I got the best quality I can do with an SLR and no tripods and no flash...

Yum the "handsome in car" window tacky...

The engine will not just clear the hood but access to many things are easier than what it'd be if there's a 4AG in it:
    1) the oil filter is completely out of the way of the exhaust manifold u can reach in from the front side of the car easily.
    2) the oil drain plug is also on the side of the pan to the passenger side that's clearly visible from the side so again I can do that part without getting under the car.
    3) the engine is lower so lower CG which is awesome...

now I need some RCAs because the cross member is lowered..... whoever bought mine from me can you sell it to me at however much I sold it to you?? thanks!!
    Last edited by 1985trueno; 03-31-2005 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1985trueno
    Ernest - your story made my day LOL you went out without your "adjustment" connected back to ur engine.....

Hahaha yea...let u c pics..its running fine..slower than usual...it should be done this week once parts are in..

A&J Racing Motorsports
    www.aj-racing.com
    604-279-0329

didn't say it's not running fine it's just damn funny to spool up a turbo blowing fresh air.....back into the atmosphere LOL.

haha check out my air filter...woooT!
    A&J Racing Motorsports
    www.aj-racing.com
    604-279-0329

looking really good guys. best of luck to both of you and i want updates as sson as u get em. i wanna hear all the details. im loving the swaps. keep up the good work
    Stuff I'm Selling
    IG Mattyballz86

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!

this is what happened while I was away at school:
    New position of the engine - nice and lowwww

Bling rims for pimp car.

interior cut out shot

hood closes nice and snug.

I swear this engine is made for LHD 86s there are too damn much coincidences in design, the oil pan BARELY clears the cross member and steering rack while there were no steering rack for Honda to worry about in the first place with its electric power steering mounted a lot further forward than the engine sits. the second coincidence is that when you line the engine mount point of the Honda motor to the Toyota motor mounts the transmission mounts line up to the Toyota transmission mounts as well! Only minor modifications had to be done to the stock Toyota mount to fit the Honda rubber mount onto it.... Too much coincidence make the project go along almost too fast lol I really need to figure out a way to sell my red car quick.

so is adam gunna do the wiring for you as well?
    how long till you think its all up and running? where did u find the engine anyways? cost u much? b4 i bought my 20v i almost bought a f20c from club4ag but i didnt know enought ppl for the custom stuff.
    Stuff I'm Selling
    IG Mattyballz86

nice to hear it's going smooth!!!

hey pat, do you know if that mini at teh background is for sale?

sam
    FD3S, FC3S, S13, AE86, AE86, EK9, CD9A, HP10, ROVER MINI

Quote Originally Posted by martiniracing
    nice to hear it's going smooth!!!

hey pat, do you know if that mini at teh background is for sale?

sam

acually sam...no that car is not for sale..its my frds frds car that is at adam doin another honda swap for it....to make the mini go even faster haha... its on a project too...
    A&J Racing Motorsports
    www.aj-racing.com
    604-279-0329

Quote Originally Posted by projectae86
    so is adam gunna do the wiring for you as well?
    how long till you think its all up and running? where did u find the engine anyways? cost u much? b4 i bought my 20v i almost bought a f20c from club4ag but i didnt know enought ppl for the custom stuff.
    I only know Adam for custom stuff.... and frankly that's the man you need to know for all your custom needs...

Car pushed out to give space to work on another MX6 great opportunity for some shots.
    sexy!

Awesome fabricated tunnel we test fitted the stock interior pieces and they FIT!! Gonna lay on some good ol carpet and stock internal trims for that sleeper look. :cool:

Oh and this is the FINAL rideheight of the car (only things that should be in the car in the end but not yet in are the seats, the battery and gas tank). That's the biggest sleeper of the car IMO LOL who expects a 4X4ing AE86 to pack some serious firepower...
    Last edited by 1985trueno; 04-07-2005 at 09:34 PM.

Wow! Lookin' awesome! You should also put some rust deterrent paint all around the trans tunnel you fabricated too. Can't wait to see vids/pics of this baby running in action!
    - TVK -

"There's A Vid In All Of Us!"
    "Do You Know How I Fix Rusty Cars? I Buy A New One." - Ben (Soulibrium)

i dont get it? is your car an old honda s2000? or is it the new honyota corolla2000?
    Stuff I'm Selling
    IG Mattyballz86