Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My car with unsuck wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by JungleMatic
    And light on fire.

Thank god for you shaved antena....!
    Not quite shaved, I just removed it cuz I said fudge radio. But I still get signal, even an hour out of calgary almost everyway (when I decide to listen to commercials that is)

I also just scored 2 more celica supra rims, except they are blue and silver. Gotta love spares.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian
    If he's able to do it, ask him how much $$ to do a bunch of them. I got 3 here that need re-wrapping--in black of course. I'm sure many other DK members could use a re-wrapped knob, on an exchange basis, and I got a bunch of "cores" for the exchange program.

That is, if your leather/shoe craftsman is up to the task.
    The shoe guy turned out to be a dud, my brother is friends with someone that might possibly specalize in such a thing. I'll post back when I find out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by nusneak

I also just scored 2 more celica supra rims, except they are blue and silver. Gotta love spares.

yep i have got approx

10 pizza cutters
    05 snowflakes
    7-9 supra rims
    6 revolutions
    and a bunch of old crappy nissan rims.

spares are great!

Quote Originally Posted by scofa
    yep i have got approx

10 pizza cutters
    05 snowflakes
    7-9 supra rims
    6 revolutions
    and a bunch of old crappy nissan rims.

spares are great!
    I guess rallying can do some major damage to wheels or maybe you are just a wheel whore like Devin??
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokubes View Post
    Is 20 pounds for the weight like 30 if a guy lifts?

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Boost
    I guess rallying can do some major damage to wheels or maybe you are just a wheel whore like Devin??
    I'm guessing wheel whore, but it could possibly be the damage route too. :P j/k

^^^^^I could have those tires killed in a matter of hours if I could get the car to not fuk up.
    Well I had a bulge in one of my tires from some unmentionable activities, so I went into a parking lot late and night and left some of my rear tires there (one at a time of course, ahha)

I've never done a brake stand, or seen too many irl. So it was quite fun for me seeing all the white smelly smoke, and piles of my all season laying on the ground (fudge those tires, I got 2 more toyo all seasons I'm getting mounted on the rear, and keeping the one decent one off the rear now without a bulge for a fullsize spare on one of my supra rims.)

wheel damage is quite common in rally(i'll post a pic of the RX-7's wheel if i get it. truly amazing.) but came away with very little damage at rocky. Just the top washer on the drivers side rear shock the nuts went through and i hit this "water maybe" hole quite hard on the driver's side that the tire pushed the the fender back and it's now hard to open the driver's door. but thats it for damage.
    Last edited by scofa; 05-29-2005 at 04:22 PM.

Well I was looking for the diagnostic port on my car and could not find it. I'm trying to find it to check my timing. Jeff lange looked on similar places that his car has, and could not find it on my car.. I'm assuming its still there, anyone know where?

I also found out my paint is NOT oem and thats why it looks so much like ass, the OEM paint in the doors looks brilliant, compared to the water stained ass paintjob my car is sporting everywhere. On top of that the two-tone black looks OEM, and the shiny drivers fender was painted by a chachi place, so the clear coat is running all over the place. My drivers fender is also most likely an aftermarket black ball fender that makes the headlight/grill type things line up improperly Damn nation, what a bad day for my corolla.

(btw its a march 1985 gt-s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian
    If he's able to do it, ask him how much $$ to do a bunch of them. I got 3 here that need re-wrapping--in black of course. I'm sure many other DK members could use a re-wrapped knob, on an exchange basis, and I got a bunch of "cores" for the exchange program.

That is, if your leather/shoe craftsman is up to the task.
    The leather guy couldent do it, I believe with more time and patience he could have easily re-wrapped the knob, but he made a good attempt and gave me some leather for free.

One thing with the nobs is the chrome/black inside the gear numbers is like vulcanized on, and when you remove it most likely you will lose it or the chrome will look funny. I'm quite doubtful on the re-wrapping of an oem knob with oem look, although it could possibly be done with some modifications and a fair amount of work.
    Last edited by nusneak; 06-03-2005 at 11:09 AM.