Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ...it happened

That really sucks. I was just wondering today if the girlfriend was in the car when this happened. Glad shes ok.

Hey I know of a decent coupe gts with a bhg if your interested.

Quote Originally Posted by SupraFiend
    Hey I know of a decent coupe gts with a bhg if your interested.
    I could be interested. PM me with some info.
    Dont Sweat the Petty, Just Pet the Sweaty...

that's ****ty dude, but i'm glad to hear you and your girl are alright

1986 Corolla GT-S

that sucks. I'm glad you are both alright though. I am so paranoid about letting anyone drive my coupe. I've been rear ended twice. It seems when I'm driving people just don't seem to see me. Good luck finding a good replacement. You had so much work into that car. bad drivers are dumb

narfy is offline gigidy gigidy... ooo right!!
    that harsh sucks... kids should learn to drive before they're allowed out on any public area...
    VZN185 - 32" BFG AT, OME suspension, ARB bumper, lightforce lights, TRD trans cooler, TRD exhaust, AMT sliders, budbuilt plates...
    ZN6 - stock with HIDs and LEDs...
    fng@regencyauto.com

damn hommieee! i didn't even see this thread. i only just found out about you after the meet last nite. i was wondering why you said you'd be coming in a gay-body....thats defiantely a write-off in ICBC's eyes. taht color was too cool too! but ICBC might give you depreciation for it if it wasn't clearcoated....

good luck bro...

Thanks for all the positive replys guys. Like the siggy says, down but not out.
    Its kinda funny, you never really think that its goin to happen to you. But then it does. Its all kinda surreal. Its not the lost of the car that sucks, I can get another 8 6. Its alllll the time that was put into the car that sucks. But hey, I guess that life.

On a diffrent note, god damn I should have come out to the meet yesturday. It sounds like you guys had some 'fun'. Ill be at the end of summer meet on monday foe shizle.
    Dont Sweat the Petty, Just Pet the Sweaty...

Sorry for your loss Anthony. Glad to see your already looking for a replacement and that both you and your girlfriend or ok. As for your car if they write it off, and if goes to the ICBC auction yard give me a shout, I may be able to help you buy it back. PM me if that is something you were hoping of doing.

Mike

He should have no problem just keeping the car. Its a guarenteed write off, no question about it. I've seen nicer corollas with 10x less damage get written off. But you always have the option of keeping the car, you just have to fight for it a little as they don't like to do that. They'll simply deduct the price of salvage (usually around 600 bucks) from your settlement and they'll change the cars title to Dissassembly\Parts only so it can never be registered again.

narfy is offline gigidy gigidy... ooo right!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraFiend
    They'll simply deduct the price of salvage (usually around 600 bucks) from your settlement and they'll change the cars title to Dissassembly\Parts only so it can never be registered again.
    20% of the initial pay out...

so if they offer you $3000 as a pay-out... then you pay $600 to keep the car and you get $2400 paid out... however, if u sign the salvage release forms (before you sign the pay out... read VERY carefully)... u can still fight for more money... and if let's say they give you a total pay-out of $5000, you still get your car back for $600 so long as you've already signed the salvage forms...
    VZN185 - 32" BFG AT, OME suspension, ARB bumper, lightforce lights, TRD trans cooler, TRD exhaust, AMT sliders, budbuilt plates...
    ZN6 - stock with HIDs and LEDs...
    fng@regencyauto.com

Damn the pain it brings to see it again. Is the kid 100% at fault? He ****en better be. Do u know if its written off yet? I almost cried lookin at it I'm suprised u didn't kill the kid.