Thread: dynoed my 94 celica.

dynoed my 94 celica.

today was free dyno day, so i took my celica out. it has a 3sfe in it with a superafc, though i don't know if the superafc is even tuned right, though i wouldn't know how to tune one even if it wasn't. anyone wanna walk me through safc tuning? anyways, i pulled a neck snapping 103 hp. heres a photo of my printout:
    Last edited by SSJChar; 09-10-2005 at 10:57 PM.

those are some right neck snapping numbers!

Have a fuel computer and don't know how to tune it eh? I pray for your engine.

well right now, the safc isn't really correcting much. its like +-1.5% at most, so its not changing the ratio to a huge extent.

Hehe You went to the 100hp shoot out this weekend. Did any car break 200 hp lol.
    Garrick
    08 MS3

hehe you should have came, it was awsome man.
    lets see, a g35 coupe got around 250, a 350z got around 230, a rx7 FC got... something like 320, an srt4 acr got 205 i think? srt4 with stage 2 whatnot got 270 perhaps, or maybe it was a 230. a skyline gtst(probably) got 230 i believe, a sr20 240sx got 215... somehow a delsol with not much done got a 270, but i think the dyno was crapped for the delsol because it came after the FC run and i think it got totally screwed up. i can't remember what else got over 200. i think 1 or 2 other cars did, but i got there around 3, so i missed afew hours before when they had some fast cars too. lowest hped car was an sa22c that pulled a widow making 85 hp. you should have been there, could have represented the corollas of saskatchewan. there was a 4agze aw11 also, but it was so sad... it was something like 104 hp with 112 torque. i was like "oh ya, its gonna be pretty good, 150 hp and 220 torque, then he goes and slaps me in the face with his 104 and made me look like a fool. oh ya, i dont think that delsol was spraying either, and its NA.
    Last edited by SSJChar; 09-11-2005 at 12:10 PM.

where did this shootout happen? =) Sounds like fun! Shoulda brought my cousins Supra GTE =)
    "Technology is the ONLY substitute for cubic inches"?

1983 MA67 - "Jessica" - 204K and 7MGTE
    2006 XTrail T30 - "Xcey" - 220K QR25
    2014 Caravan - "The Shuttle" 3.6L

Your friendly neighborhood BMW Technician

Was this on a mustang dyno? If so, your numbers will be alot lower than they would have been if you were on a dynojet.
    1984 MKII Supra

Yeah, it was a mustang dyno. That was my skyline. it put out 209rwhp and 209.2 ft-lbs of torque. Not overly impressive (not what I was expecting at all, I was hoping for closer to 230bhp). The SRT4 with stage 2 put down 245 to the wheels, the 350z put down 236 on its second run. Don't know what the G35 put down as I left before that. The SR20 powered 240 hatch put down 214 running way too rich as people could taste the fuel coming out the exhaust pipe. A FC RX7 put down 270 with nitrous, not sure the shot of nos, but must have been fairly substantial. There was a turboed K20 civic that put down 208 and a supercharged RSX type S that put down 228. There were some unexpected numbers put down and some expected numbers. All in all it was a good day except for the weather. It rained all day long, didn't let up at all.

The dyno run was free as it was a promotion for the companies new sport compact and import side of the business. PerformancePlus.com has been in business for like 7 years tuning muscle cars mostly. They just hired a guy to run the import side of things. He has lots of good contacts and get pretty much any part needed. He is a good guy always trying to help people out as much as possible and trying to get the customer the best deals he can. Kurtis Loth is the guys name (not sure about the rest of the team though.)

Quote Originally Posted by majicmeow
    where did this shootout happen? =) Sounds like fun! Shoulda brought my cousins Supra GTE =)
    yes, yes you should have, though you should first claim it to be a stock supra haha. it was at performance plus by princess auto by the travelodge. it was free dyno day for imports and sport compacts. they probably put on around 25-35 cars. even if you didn't have a car with high hp numbers, it would still have been good to put it onto the dyno just to get some base numbers. i would have taken the sr5, but i took the celica, so id have had to go home and pick it up. if they ever have another free day, ill post it on the sscc boards seing how most all of them have some sort of import.

loll... would have been funny =)

"ok then... for the 1984 Toyota Supra... 415rwhp??... "
    "Technology is the ONLY substitute for cubic inches"?

1983 MA67 - "Jessica" - 204K and 7MGTE
    2006 XTrail T30 - "Xcey" - 220K QR25
    2014 Caravan - "The Shuttle" 3.6L

Your friendly neighborhood BMW Technician