Thread: What I have been up to

What I have been up to

Well it's been a long time of not driving my coupe, finally I got the engine/tranny swap from the hatch completed.

Just a bit of work left to do with the interior and such, the tranny seems to be whining badly in 2nd gear. Hopefully I'm not going to have to swap in the tranny from my coupe. I also cut off the exhaust bracket that goes onto the engine/bellhousing so the exhaust has a bad rattle at a certain RPM. Guess I'm going to have to put the bracket from the hatch onto my coupe.

I also got a kouki cluster and reset the odometer to 0km to go with my 227,xxxkm chassis and 420,xxxkm engine/tranny.

Wierd how some things in my coupe were in such good shape, and some were not, and the hatch is mostly not in good shape but mechanically seems quite well.

Oh ya, the strut tower bar I got from JDMAE86 (Greg) is fan-tastic. I can't believe how much of a difference there is in handling on my car, if I turn the wheel to avoid a manhole, I don't move and the car turns, thats how quick it happens. Kick as$ upgrade, thanks greg.

Last edited by Expo86; 09-21-2005 at 09:30 AM. Reason: so everyone could see pics

how do you rollback the odometer? i'm curious, because I have a gauge cluster that came out of a 264,000 mile GT-S, and my chassis and new motor/trans only has about 130,000 miles on it. help would be greatly appreciated. cluster looks great and clean

I took off the front plastic cover, then unscrewed the speedo in the back (2 or 3 screws) pulled that out, melted some plastic so that the speedo could come out, then each digit can move about 1mm to the left to spin to the number you want displayed, while doing that you have to hold the little locks at a different section of the numbers, and then each digit has a lock to keep the numbers all turning when they should. Took 2-3 hours or so.

looking real good.

BTW, just in case you weren't aware... you'll need to disclose the replacement / adjustment of the gauge cluster / odometer if you ever sell the car.

Dave.

P.S. you needed to put the "www." ahead of dorikaze.com for the pics to show up. Hope you don't mind me taking the liberty of editing.
    The report of my death was an exaggeration. - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by nusneak
    Took 2-3 hours or so.
    Damn. WTF. LoL.
    - TVK -

"There's A Vid In All Of Us!"
    "Do You Know How I Fix Rusty Cars? I Buy A New One." - Ben (Soulibrium)

Quote Originally Posted by Expo86
    looking real good.

BTW, just in case you weren't aware... you'll need to disclose the replacement / adjustment of the gauge cluster / odometer if you ever sell the car.

Dave.

P.S. you needed to put the "www." ahead of dorikaze.com for the pics to show up. Hope you don't mind me taking the liberty of editing.
    Great thanks Dave, thought the pictures worked for me though. I probably won't ever sell the car, plus this way its eaiser for me to see how many km my chassis has and how the engine has, not trying to do any defrauding here ..

Quote Originally Posted by The VidKid
    Damn. WTF. LoL.
    Well it takes soo long because each number moves independantly, aswell as the lock, really its kind of a PITA, but once you have a technique down it's not too bad. Plus I think it's so totally cool my corolla only has 42km on the odometer now